The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mapping Costs

Matt H

Not something ive ventured into before so looking for a bit of advice on what to expect.

Gregg from turbofit said that would sort out my mapping for me while i was away on holiday. unfortuneatly this hasnt been done but he told me it shouldnt cost more than £100 for what i need doing.

Ive heard of mapping running into the thosands. Does it depend on what your having mapped e.g single turbo upgrade or simply BPU, Hybrids and 550cc injectors like me?

Any insight would be great

Ta

Matt

If you've got an eManage and can supply Ian C with the details of your mods he's probably got a base map that will suit your needs.

You can buy an unrefined map from Ian which will be safe but not 100% optimised. Or you can pay for a full mapping session - flat fee either way - PM him for exact costs as I don't know.

Don't talk to me about bloody mapping! My car was mapped by Tuning Japanese before I got it but running like shit.

I then had the map "fine tuned" by them in an attempt to get it running nicely (£870 !)

I still wasn't happy with how it ran so had it mapped again by Dan Turner, from scratch mind you, because Tuning Japanese wouldn't tell me the password they had put on my ECU. (another £500 to Dan). Worth the money though - the car ran great.

Then my PHR1 turbo bearings failed and I replaced the turbo with a larger one, so it needed mapping again (Not from scratch though just adjusting the Dan Turner map). This time I used Ryan G. He got the car running really well and improved the fuel economy a lot too. He's very reasonably priced as well.

Basically, Ian C would be my choice for an EMB/EMU or Ryan for a standalone. I'd happily trust my car to either of them.