The mkiv Supra Owners Club

whats the best supra to go for and why?

Guest mattsupra

Guest mattsupra

as you may know im selling my skyline to buy a supra or i will buy one anyways

i am wanting to know whats the best version to go for and im not talking about silly bhp just a nice clean every day one but still got some grunt too?

any help would be great

many thanks

matt :)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And what is your budget?

Have you considered insurance costs. Bang for buck, a TT Supra is less expensive to modify performance wise than a liner, say budget around £1k - £1.2K for a full BPU package.

Na's are cheaper to run but not by much and cost a lot more to get the performance gains that are available to a TT owner.

Insurance is pricey if you are under 25.

MPG is around 18-22 for a TT perhaps 25-28 for a NA depending on driving style.

The expensive part is the slippery slope. ;)

If you dont want silly power then id say a japenese spec Twin Turbo (RZ). automatics are alot cheaper than manuals so its really down to what you want.

£6000 for the cheapest autos and £8000 for the cheapest manuals

You could go for a uk spec Twin Turbo but you pay more for these are they are few in number and have a slightly different spec. They are mostly automatic and will generally have loads of miles on them.(they will be cheaper to insure though)

£8000+ for autos, £10000+ for manuals.

Id say Look for the jap spec RZ (twin turbo) with a BPU (this will give you about 380bhp) and very usable pefromance. Also try to get one with the bigger 'UK' brakes as the jap breaks arent as good. Can find them from £8000 plus.

There was a facelift in 96......more modern lights and different dash.

Hope that helps a little

Guest mattsupra

my budget is about 8k and i would like a single or tt manual as dont like autos really

i am 33 so insurance aint a problem neither is day to day running costs and please can you explain the bpu and what you get for that sort of money please?

thanks for the comments peeps

matt

Guest mattsupra

thanks for the offer naybad but im looking at buying an na tonight which is just like yours for 3k but diff wheels and its mint with 40k on the clock and full veilside kit and lots spent on it but ty for the offer

matt

Guest mattsupra

yer if i told you that everyone would be on there way to get it lol

i dont want a na for myself its for business to sell on as thats what i do

i do want a tt or single t for myself to keep and it sounds good about the bpu at that sort of money too

thanks again

matt

Guest mattsupra

so i can get all that done on a supra as described in bpu for £1000 fitted?

sounds gd to me cant wait to get one and have 400 horses wahooo

matt

Guest mattsupra

its called hot kits n cool bits but i generally get stuff for the trade as i have a client list who contact me asking for cars and bikes etc

Guest mattsupra

i also deal in the US and harley custom bikes n parts as my dad started the business in 1979 so i basically took over from him and the rest as they say is history lol