The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Link Ecu - I Like The Results

BIG BLUE

I got Ryan G to pop over at the weekend and to map up my Link ECU. I am very impressed with the way the car now drives.

The feature I particularly like, that Ryan sorted, was to put a sport switch in my dash, whereby I have had my boost control solenoid coming off of the ECU itself to control boost:) Never seen this on a Link set up before. I have one side of the switch set in street mode and the other in sport mode (currently) at around 1.3 bar boost (but likely to go a little higher at the Surrey Rolling Road day).

I am getting a Link boost solenoid, after which I will be able to sell my Profec B boost unit and get some of my money back from the standalone ECU purchase.

Ryan did his usual high quality job and even helped me to get the small finishing items resolved from my single conversion. Top man.

Yeah quite normal mate, I have a switch too :) In fact another one for launch control ;)

Thats the one Ryan is going to help me with... Launch Control, and we are going to look at a progressive boost setup as well... lower boost for 1st and 2nd gear to allow a little more traction.

Glad your happy with car neil.

The link ecu has the ability to have up to 5 inputs connected (plus model) for switches and then up to 10 aux output for wiring in like shift light, solenoids to control anything from TT setup to nitrous or water injection etc. In the future were gunna wire in the launch control, water injection and a shift light.

The bit i liked about neil setup is the cost of it all. The link g3 is around about £400 cheaper than the aem ecu and that comes with its own map sensor and then for an extra £40 you can get the link boost solenoid so no need for any boost controllers as has 3d mapping for solenoid control and compensaton adjustments for AIT and Water temps.

You then can wire in a switch or dial to control how much boost you want to run. In Neils case i put a switch in for high and low mode.

No need for a DLI also ;)

I could go on and on but all that matters is neil is happy

Look forward to tweaking it on the dyno as i was so surprised that a man the size of neil (6ft+ and over 18 stone) was such a wimp with the throttle pedal. When mapping at 1.3bar he kept getting abit nervous and letting off abit. Told him i need to get jamiep or homer behind wheel. :p

Lova ya neil :D Please dont crush me :sos:

Look forward to tweaking it on the dyno as i was so surprised that a man the size of neil (6ft+ and over 18 stone) was such a wimp with the throttle pedal. When mapping at 1.3bar he kept getting abit nervous and letting off abit. Told him i need to get jamiep or homer behind wheel. :p

Neil is actually 6ft 6in and probably a touch over 18 stone. He has told me alot about all of the good work that you have done and how pleased he is with the car - I went in it running at 0.9 and it was quick ;)

Would have liked to meet you one day but based on the quote above maybe Neil will make sure that doesn't happen:p

i was so surprised that a man the size of neil (6ft+ and over 18 stone) was such a wimp with the throttle pedal. When mapping at 1.3bar he kept getting abit nervous and letting off abit. Told him i need to get jamiep or homer behind wheel. :p

Right, I'm gonna scare you tonight (even if it doesn't catch fire)

Your be needing stabilisers next :p

:rlol:

AEM and Link are both good ecus :p But yes Link is cheaper and I have worked with both. I will probably use Link more in the future, but AEM is good too.

Regards the DLi, I keep meaning to look into the dwell time on the AEM to see if the DLi could be left out :think:

Ryan you a top mapper - despite being a lanky streak of p*ss! You promised not to tell anyone I cried like a girl and couldn't keep my foot in on 1.3bar+

All:

- Get your work done by Ryan quick, he may struggle to map with broken arms going forward!!

- I have been training hard and eating a leaf salad only diet and am now down to 19stone 3. According to the doctors I am at my target weight, provided I was 12 feet 3 tall!