The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Are Supras Slow.. My local Jap car club think so! Discuss.

Sparky

Well i stood in a group of about 10 people who all own 200sx's (s13 and s14a), a crx, a levin, a pulsar and a legacy Turbo.

Suddenly the mood all changes when i make the statement that Supras are very fast. Well i have to say after seeing my best mates video of him destroying a TT supra at Santapod last week i think they may be right I saw the printout too before people say it was an N/a.

I know the whole power to weight ratio thing applies but seriously... why are they saying TT supra's are slow accellerating when TT's have a 0-60 time iof under 5 secs and crx's (Which are rubbish toy cars btw) have a 9 sec 0-60 time. Im confused!

This car is 100% stock engined . Just lowered. The Supra got 14.5 secs i think.

My mates N/a did it in 15.0 secs and the crx beat it by 0.1 of a second. Ive read the sheet with all of the results on it and the supras all seems to be way down the page. Please someone restore my faith before i go buy something else! And remember kids, speed kills!

Well i stood in a group of about 10 people who all own 200sx's (s13 and s14a), a crx, a levin, a pulsar and a legacy Turbo.

Suddenly the mood all changes when i make the statement that Supras are very fast. Well i have to say after seeing my best mates video of him destroying a TT supra at Santapod last week i think they may be right I saw the printout too before people say it was an N/a.

I know the whole power to weight ratio thing applies but seriously... why are they saying TT supra's are slow accellerating when TT's have a 0-60 time iof under 5 secs and crx's (Which are rubbish toy cars btw) have a 9 sec 0-60 time. Im confused!

LOL - want some backup next time?

If it's who I think it was there's a couple of piss-takers on there. ;)

My times were roughly as follows:

Totally stock: 13.4 to 13.7

Decatted with a FCD fitted and running 1.1bar: 12.87 (Although I only ever attained this once in this trim - usually 13.0's or 13.1's.)

I only ever ended up over 14secs when I screwed something up myself.

If 60 leptons is all there is to being quick than maybe a Supes not for you......

...... Supras are a Big Boy's toy, TT's not for the faint hearted.;)

See who's going the fastest in Top Gear on the redline, i'm sure the 200's, CRX's would be looking for replacement engines if they tried to keep up.:)

Why do you care what your 'local jap car club' thinks?

Ask them to time their cars 100-160 in top gear, for comparison purposes.

Then sit back and enjoy the woulda/coulda/shoulda excuses

So what this guys car beat a Supra at the ice rink. I have lost to so called lesser cars at the quarter mile due to cocking up i expect they will have put it down as a kill then ;)

0-60 and quarter mile is such a poor comparison of true speed as it brings the driver in to the equation, who is likely to mess up from time to time :D. Ask for some In gear acceleration times like John says or better still don't rise to the bait.:)

Its a bit like some of the other threads at the moment 'are supra's looking dated' etc etc and really the same applies 'who cares'? I suppose it comes down to the fact that on here we take a lot of pride in our cars investing loads of money, time and effort so its hard to take when someone who obviously has no knowledge of supras say 'their really slow' or whatever. Its also what they mean by slow as said previously are they talking 1/4 miles, top speed or track? but their is one thing for certain their are always going to a faster cars out their so just enjoy your car matey and don't worry about it :)

Kslb did a 13.8 in mine but I feel slow now having only managed a 14.8 - must try harder. Back to crail 30th Sept for take two.

We both got humped by a CRX but it was modded to high heaven and my Supe is running stock.

Also got trashed by a Starlet; clearly a wolf in sheep's and all that....

Let them think what they want, just enjoy your car and keep cursing NAs for getting us a bad reputation.

I'll have you know that I overtook a cyclist this morning - and I wasn't even in 3rd. NAs are very much lighter and probably have the best power to weight ratio of any rear wheel drive car. :p