The mkiv Supra Owners Club

i'm hooked already.....(question...)

Jamesy

....and havent even bought the Supra yet.

Just been out to look at a new car - a 94 RZ TT with just 45k on the clock.

I love it! The power is awesome - used to own an Impreza and the Supra is much more robust and smoother, AND quicker!

My (dangerous) question is:

just how good/bad are they on fuel?..... i know it depends on how you drive it but how many miles on average can i expect out of a tank, or say £20?

thanx a lot!:D

just how good/bad are they on fuel?..... i know it depends on how you drive it but how many miles on average can i expect out of a tank, or say £20?

Rough guide you will be getting about 240 - 320 miles out of a tank full of full depending on how hard you drive well that's what i get out of mine roughly ;)

Rough guide you will be getting about 240 - 320 miles out of a tank full of full depending on how hard you drive well that's what i get out of mine roughly ;)

:rlol:

I get 240 - 280KMS to a tank... My od is in KMs, confirmed with my TomTom.

Your never gonna get a 3.0L TT car to deliver the performance it does on Ford Fiesta fuel economy....its just the way it is!

If fuel economy is going to be a major factor in your next car and your gonna use it regularly or as a 'daily driver' then prepare to get friendly with your local petrol station! 20mpg (perhaps a little more) is a roughly achievable on average!

Could be worse, a friend of mine has just bought the SL AMG 55 and its returning 14mpg!!!

Guest Chumpalot

Was going to say 20mpg is easily achieveable providing you don't cane it everywhere. Even more so if your car is standard.

Perhaps attach some balloons to your right foot when driving? :D

Mixed driving (some city/some main roads/dual carriageways) 20ish.

Mainly short trips - in and out of town with just the odd bit of main roads - 18ish.

Motorway trip - cruise set to 75ish - 25 to 26mpg

You'll actually find that if you decat it, the mpg will be better on a trip - however, with the extra grunt, you'll be tempted to boot it more and hence find you get less MPG.

Guest Chumpalot

depends how you go about de-catting it mate. If you decide to go for a full exhaust system the likes of a Nur Spec R or HKS will set you back around 500 big ones.

depends how you go about de-catting it mate. If you decide to go for a full exhaust system the likes of a Nur Spec R or HKS will set you back around 500 big ones.

its already got a full HKS super drager exhaust on i believe so would just be the cat bit....

Guest Chumpalot

also depends how much boost you want to be running.

If you're worried about costs it's probably best not to get into the realms of modding and keep it stock. As said before in another thread, you could quite easily start to throw thousands at it without even realising.

I pay £60'ish to fill the j-spec supra, and I get about 240 miles with mixed heavy and light foot driving. My fuel economy actually got better the more I did to the engine, particularly the decat. Decat pipes are cheap enough, give a nice performance boost and better economy.

Guest Chumpalot

Same consumption for me too. Though max I've put into the tank in one go is £40.

I'm on first name terms with the people behind the till at the Tesco station.

also depends how much boost you want to be running.

If you're worried about costs it's probably best not to get into the realms of modding and keep it stock. As said before in another thread, you could quite easily start to throw thousands at it without even realising.

very ture - to be honest i wouldnt do anything to the outside as its had about 15k spent on it and looks nice , in my opinion... but wouldnt mind a de-cat...

however reading the "how2" it talks about mis firing, new plugs etc and sounds a bit messy (to a novice like moi!)

Please have a read of the BPU FAQ (click the underlined link), J-Specs need some form of restriction to keep boost down, so it's not just a case of bunging a couple of decat pipes on. That restriction could be in the form of a restrictor ring, or by just doing a single decat (but then you're not really going to see an advantage). You've then got all the other things to worry about, plugs etc.

However, it's cheap to get to BPU and makes a world of difference, do it! :D