The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How long left?!

Matt H

Its going to happen eventually...

So how long do you reckon the supra has left as a desirable and respected car? how long until you find them in the bargain basement and how long until the dreaded day comes when punters change from saying wow theres a supra, to thinking "lovely car in its day but i wouldnt have one now"?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Its going to happen eventually...

So how long do you reckon the supra has left as a desirable and respected car? how long until you find them in the bargain basement and how long until the dreaded day comes when punters change from saying wow theres a supra, to thinking "lovely car in its day but i wouldnt have one now"?

Ask Chris Wilson!!

H.

When people started spraying them candy red :D :p

I think it may have already happened TBH hence the drop in price over the last couple of years. But who cares? I like my car, it goes well, seems to be very reliable as my daily drive (started first time today after sitting for 5 weeks) if it stop turning heads then well again who cares?

It keeps getting bosts of publicty from time to time. Games like NFS still have them in there and they are nearly always one of the later cars to get. Its normaly with vets, vipers and quite exotic machinery so they clearly think it still has some credit. Petrol heads will always know the supra for its engine and will always be seen as what toyota could do. In my mind it will go out of date when a replacement comes along. The only close runner is the 350Z but put a stock 350Z and TT next to each other and see what happens a stock 300ZX can beat them!

Who cares? I like my car gets me from A-B quickly and safely and can quite frankly embarass most things on the road in the £50K-£80K bracket.

yeah right now! im talking about the near future. the new M3 is in that bracket isnt it? and month by month cars are becoming more powerful for less buck

Guest CoolsBlue

in a very long time, BECUASE! they are hardly about, rarely seen on the streets and people still love them! dont mind the value has gone down..the respect is still there!!:D

yeah right now! im talking about the near future. the new M3 is in that bracket isnt it? and month by month cars are becoming more powerful for less buck

Yeah but those types of cars do date as they are always releasing new models and you see plenty about unlike the old heckter you and i drive. Plus powerful yes fast well put it this way

Audi RS4 V8 430bhp 1/4mile : 12.8

BMW M5 V10 500bhp 1/4mile: 12.4

and then this!

01. 11.765 @ 115.36 mph Justin M Timeslip 60ft 1.820 330ft 4.975 1/8et 7.592 1/8 mph 92.77 mph 1000ft 9.778 (auto) JAP (Santapod) 16" ET streets + hybrids (TC 3800)

:)

in a very long time, BECUASE! they are hardly about, rarely seen on the streets and people still love them! dont mind the value has gone down..the respect is still there!!:D

im not too fussed about prices dropping either, altough its what that brings that makes me upset about there rapid loss in price. i.e any old chav being able to get hold of one. as soon as chavs are able to by a TT then its game over for the supras rep. Its probably happening with the N/As now or soon as they are so cheap now its untrue

Yeah but those types of cars do date as they are always releasing new models and you see plenty about unlike the old heckter you and i drive. Plus powerful yes fast well put it this way

Audi RS4 V8 430bhp 1/4mile : 12.8

BMW M5 V10 500bhp 1/4mile: 12.4

and then this!

01. 11.765 @ 115.36 mph Justin M Timeslip 60ft 1.820 330ft 4.975 1/8et 7.592 1/8 mph 92.77 mph 1000ft 9.778 (auto) JAP (Santapod) 16" ET streets + hybrids (TC 3800)

:)

No BPU on that car?

Performance isnt really the question though. the supra has buckets loads and prob will do well after the styling has died out. not to worried about being out performed

Its the styling that i hope will stand a further 4 years a least

when you look at the supra compared to many cars today,they all mimick the supra in some form or other,

when the supra came out it was well ahead of its time and still is today,

yeah maybe some cars are fatser or have better technology in them but the supra still has a following and people always look at a supra and say wow,now thats a car,

it will always be a LEGEND and a well sought after car

No BPU on that car?

Performance isnt really the question though. the supra has buckets loads and prob will do well after the styling has died out. not to worried about being out performed

The Supra was well ahead of the game in the styling front. look at the likes of modern Astons, jags and ferrari they have all taken design influences from the Supra in one way or another.

Personally i don't like the look of the modern cars they seem to have horrible jagged edges and lines that don't flow in to anything.

Give me the curves of the Supra any day ;)

The Supra was well ahead of the game in the styling front. look at the likes of modern Astons, jags and ferrari they have all taken design influences from the Supra in one way or another.

Personally i don't like the look of the modern cars they seem to have horrible jagged edges and lines that don't flow in to anything.

Give me the curves of the Supra any day ;)

Indeed, but surely it cant be that way for ever?

As an extreme example. i always wanted a Capri as a kid, but i wouldnt dream of owning one now?

No BPU on that car?

Justin is BPU.

I think its all subjective Matt im sure that there is people who look at the supra now and think its really out of date, but on the other hand there were loads of people looking round at JAE really impressed with supras.

As for Chav's buying them i think they probably are/have TBH. The problem they have and you know yourself buying one is easy, paying for the maintenance, insurance, petrol etc etc is a totally different matter! Hence why most of the chav's round here drive saxo's and 106 etc etc

But as i said before 'who cares' just enjoy your car buddy

As for Chav's buying them i think they probably are/have TBH. The problem they have and you know yourself buying one is easy, paying for the maintenance, insurance, petrol etc etc is a totally different matter! Hence why most of the chav's round here drive saxo's and 106 etc etc

Thats probably the main reason prices are dropping fast. quick turn around. lower price each time.

I think its all subjective Matt im sure that there is people who look at the supra now and think its really out of date,

Thats the thing though, i dont really see anyone like that at the moment, not in relation to my car anyway. everyone i talk to thinks its an ace car to own. i fear however that that might change in less time that we want.:search: