The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ultimate Scottish Street Car Champion 2007

tDR

:nana: :nana: :D Collected the trophies for RWD class and Overall class :D :nana: :nana:

Was a very wet day at Crail today. Trying to qualify in the pissing rain saw me with a 16, a 15, then a 14 as it got milder. In the afternoon it finally cleared up and the track dried out a bit so qualified for the knockouts with a 12.4 @ 118MPH.

First knockout RWD class was me vs a well modded S14a 200SX (400bhp iirc?). I ran a 12.1 and went through with him running a 13 something:

^^ The car in front is a Toyota :D (yes you should get one Ross!)

Then the RWD final was me vs a brand spanking new Corvette of some description (enlighten me!). I beat him with my fastest of the day of an 11.96 @ 119.4MPH with a 1.96 sec 60ft being my best launch of the day - the track was always greasy and hard to hook up on:

^^ The Corvette, not sure on model. Now me burning out along with the Corvette:

Then I had to take on the FWD class winner. That was pretty straightforward with another 12.1 I think it was. Then onto the final vs a well modded Impreza:

Very close race but I took it by a couple of car lengths after a very even launch between the two of us. Still on a high after walking away with the titles - that's all for now as gotta get in my other car and drive to Bradford for work in the morning!!!

Cheers,

Brian.

And this Ultima car went off the track into the corn field and never raced again :(

And on the way home i followed this fellow as his rear tyre blew and tore up the banking for a good 50+ meters.With a good 7ft wall at the other side.:(

Jesus christ your joking right? i know the guy who owns that car and iits jsu tbeen done up again after a tree fell on it in a storm last christmas, his pride and joy, he loves it.

Proof is in the pic :)

Aye he still had the same wheels on as he was racing with and the rear blew plus the road was greasy,but he done well to keep it on the right side of the field and he wasn't even going fast.

I stoped to see if he was ok,but the only thing he hurt was the car.So my mate took a pic :D

Proof is in the pic :)

Aye he still had the same wheels on as he was racing with and the rear blew plus the road was greasy,but he done well to keep it on the right side of the field and he wasn't even going fast.

I stoped to see if he was ok,but the only thing he hurt was the car.So my mate took a pic :D

I meant the Black Ultima, much damage to it?

Ah lol sorry.

Not anything to be seen from the outside he was half way down and the rear end spun out and he went field wards a fair bit,but when i took the pic of it it was going to go back down the strip,but a lot of looking in the engine was done and then put back on the trailer.

Im not sure ,but i think i heard something about the Turbos?

And there was alot of black reek coming out of it.

Thanks for all the kind comments guys :)

TBH when it was pissing it down it was a case of the less torque you had the better! I would literally try to pull away at low revs and the back end would immediately be going waywards - I was lucky if I could go full throttle for the last eigth of the 1/4 mile distance!!! Glad it finally cleared up again and I could show the 4WD's who was boss :D

Eck - aye it's holding up well so far...

Doug, Rob - I'm absolutely ecstatic to have won and fly the flag proud for us Supra boys - especially after 4 head to head knockouts back to back and I nailed absolutely every one of them! :) :) :nana: :nana: :) :)

Cheers,

Brian.