The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What do you think of these 'Fuel Alloys"

Sean1933

Just seen these on ebay and wondered what peoples thoughts were and if anyone had any experience of them? I wanted some Wheelmania Vortex R's but they only do them in 19" so not an option for me, dont want to ruin the handling!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/18-FUEL-5-ALLOYS-TYRES-FIT-SKYLINE-SUPRA-GT3000_W0QQitemZ150153010268QQihZ005QQcategoryZ9888QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And if people think they are ok, what are the chances of clearing UK brakes with that offset?

No mention of spigot hole diameter, no mention of weight, and they virtually *TELL* you they will corrode like hell. Apart from that the offsets are all wrong. Just find some genuine BBS rims, or buy some Lexus ones, are you going to drive this thing, or create something to mirror the fashion of the moment? :)

Guest Chumpalot
I wanted some Wheelmania Vortex R's but they only do them in 19" so not an option for me, dont want to ruin the handling!

If you copy me Sean, I will not be happy...

:p

The ride quality isn't compromised that much I don't think. Either that or I just don't care. Saying that though my car hasn't been lowered so that might have something to do with it....:sly:

Guest Chumpalot
Doesn't matter about the looks or the technical issues either. You will lose half you life cleaning the b@stards!!

A nice set of Rota GTR's would be nice!

H.

I've never understood this reasoning...

Why not get a set of wheels you really like only because it's hard to clean them? Seems like a piss-poor excuse to me really.

I know not everyone likes getting their toothbrushes out and going to work on cleaning their wheels but I spend just as much time on the car itself so it's not an issue (and before anyone asks no i don't use a toothbrush :sly: )

No mention of spigot hole diameter, no mention of weight, and they virtually *TELL* you they will corrode like hell. Apart from that the offsets are all wrong. Just find some genuine BBS rims, or buy some Lexus ones, are you going to drive this thing, or create something to mirror the fashion of the moment? :)

Good points chris. I do want decent wheels that will not effect the performance...but want some that look pretty good too. Hence why i have not considered 19's.

If you copy me Sean, I will not be happy...

:p

I must say i was impressed with your rims...but not much chance of me copying you as cant get them in 18's and i dont want 19's. Will make alot of difference to ride quality on a lowered + stiffer suspension setup :( But they do fill the arches well! :D

Guest Chumpalot

I'm preparing myself for the change in ride quality when I eventually get round to getting the suspension sorted... oh well. If I'd wanted ride comfort I wouldn't have bought a Supra right? :D

I'm preparing myself for the change in ride quality when I eventually get round to getting the suspension sorted... oh well. If I'd wanted ride comfort I wouldn't have bought a Supra right? :D

I did the 4 wheel alignment, cambre etc when I put my 19" vortex evos on. It was just about worth it. The car handles just fine for me. Not great for fast cornering etc but it depends on the way you drive and want to drive.

As for the fuel wheels. I like them, almost went for some myself. Rochford tyres on the net do them in the correct fitment.:)