The mkiv Supra Owners Club

180 mph

blackshadow

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From another post yesterday:

Stock 6spd: 170mph (with massive runway)

BPU 6spd: 192mph (with even more massive runway)

T67 6spd: 198mph (hits rev limiter with normal runway)

O.M.G. 192mph on only bpu who ever was trying that must have kacked thenselves i wonder how the car handles and feels at that speed?

whats the top speed the gear box can do?

O.M.G. 192mph on only bpu who ever was trying that must have kacked thenselves i wonder how the car handles and feels at that speed?

whats the top speed the gear box can do?

The downforce produced at those speeds means it 'feels' more planted than at lower speeds.

Top speed on a stock system, rev limit and wheels is 198mph apparently :sly: The gearbox should be able to handle whatever is thown at it, I think the Jun top speed supra had one.

The downforce produced at those speeds means it 'feels' more planted than at lower speeds.

Top speed on a stock system, rev limit and wheels is 198mph apparently :sly: The gearbox should be able to handle whatever is thown at it, I think the Jun top speed supra had one.

what rev limit would you need to tip the 200mph barrier?

what rev limit would you need to tip the 200mph barrier?

Provided you have the (significant) HP to do it 6869rpm is needed for 200mph on a 6spd running a standard 6spd LSD, 6spd getrag and stock sized wheels and tyres.

Thats at the rev limit, so to do it in a decent distance you'd need a lot of HP.

Provided you have the (significant) HP to do it 6869rpm is needed for 200mph on a 6spd running a standard 6spd LSD, 6spd getrag and stock sized wheels and tyres.

Bearing in mind, ill be running about 500rwhp and 7500rpm does that mean i need to find a place to do the test? Im dam sure im not doing it on the roads :)