The mkiv Supra Owners Club

i need a little help

dwayne

would any of you kind people mind popping out to your car and telling me where the pipe for the windscreen washers goes.

i had some work done the other day and now this hose comes off the bonnet and dangles down by the black plastic canister in the corner but i am sure it wasnt like that before it left.

cheers guys

dwayne

it was spotless untill it went to be fixed and fully resprayed and he took full respray literally.

needless to say it will be on its way back to him next week for cleaning and another respray.

i will post more pics when its complete (hopefully soon, its been 3 months already!)

You mean thats overspray!? I'd be going absolutely mental. They're never going to make that look normal unless they strip and repair/replace most of the parts... Thats going to cost a fortune to fix properly.

a new hole has already been torn mate.

luckily it appears to have dried before it landed in the bay because it isnt too stubborn to get off but i havent cleaned it all yet because it has to go back for another respray.

luckily it appears to have dried before it landed in the bay because it isnt too stubborn to get off but i havent cleaned it all yet because it has to go back for another respray.

Give them one chance to return it to stock or take them to court. There is no way on earth any professional company should spray the engine bay like that. It will never be put right again until you strip everything out and have it professionally cleaned up (which will cost a fortune). If you're paying a registered company, persue it until you get what you paid for! What you have now is tottaly unacceptable.

They clearly didn't mask at all and IMO will not be able to fix it to original standard. Any company making such poor quality work cannot be assured to rectify it. Take them to court.

I would take axe with me if someone would do job like this on my car. Assholes!

i agree mate.

the outside of the car wasnt much better hence the second respray and he also added some extra scratches to the car and stone chips etc werent filled just sprayed over.

there was a 3 page list of faults which he was handed and i have been assured they will all be delt with so i'll have to wait and see.

i'll post some pics if its ever finished!

Your very placid about it is he related in some way? If not i'll order some of your calming tablets please LOL

not related, dont know the bloke.

its been off the road since someone hit it on may 19th and because its been so long i have almost lost the will to live.

i feel if i go completley mad about it things will just get worse so i am giving him one more chance before i release the fury:eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

I hope the guy realises that he will have to put it right, is the work being done through an insurance claim?

Can you get the loss adjuster for the insurance onto it.

When somebody T bone my S Class doing 15k damage, the merc repairer didn't get paid until i was fully satisfied with work and had signed for it.

Name names Dwayne - I'd like to know where to avoid.

That's just criminal mate. :(

i'm not sure thats morally the right thing to do because technically the work is not completed yet so i cant complain too much untill its all put right which he did say he would do so i'll have to wait and see for now.