The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Top Speed

Tones

Ok i know ur gonna tell me this has be done to death, BUT ive read in a few places that a standardish 6Speed TT will do pretty close to 200 leps, can anyone here vouch for this? ive noticed id be doing about 120 in 6th with loaaaaads left

A 6spd TT with stock diff, rev limit and standard tyre diameter will not go more than 198mph due to rev limit and final drive (regardless of whether you have 300bhp or 1000bhp). However, at BPU I do not think you will see more than 192mph (and it takes an extremely long time - many miles - to make that last 10 mph)

A mid sized single 6spd with stock diff, rev limit and standard size tyres will hit 198mph in 6th on the rev limiter.

A completely stock car I would make an educated guess at 170mph

These are real gps figures, not those on the (very inaccurate) speedo.

In summary:

Stock 6spd: 170mph (with massive runway)

BPU 6spd: 192mph (with even more massive runway)

T67 6spd: 198mph (hits rev limiter with normal runway)

I have no doubts that a T67 with raised rev limit will break the 200mph barrier, uprated cams would make a big difference. With cams and raised limit, I would expect at least 205mph from a T67 running 1.4bar

so a standard supra is fater than a BPU'd supra? not much of a performance upgrade

No mate, BPU is 192mph, stock 170 on a 6spd

I cannot comment on the auto, but it should in theory be lower due to the extra drivetrain losses. I've edited the post to reflect what I meant.

stock 6speed TT is 170 dont seem right when i can get 150 in my N/A 5 speed

Real mph or speedo ones? I've never had an NA over 130mph (real), even then it was showing over 150 on the speedo.

The acceleration difference from 90mph on the two cars is phenomenally different. It takes an age to get to 120 mph in an NA, but takes just seconds in a TT. It's all about the thrill of driving IMO.

The stock TT tails off at 140 (real) mph, bpu changes that dramatically, but mid-single is another world of performance.

Stock 6spd: 170mph (with massive runway)

No way, Era Lessien maybe, but tbh after 8000 feet of Brunters at 155 I can't see I'd hit 170 at say Heathrow with 11000 feet of runway (and you have to stop).

I saw a Supra once ;) do a 120-175 indicated lepton pull on a local motorway, took well over 2 miles.

No way, Era Lessien maybe, but tbh after 8000 feet of Brunters at 155 I can't see I'd hit 170 at say Heathrow with 11000 feet of runway (and you have to stop).

I saw a Supra once ;) do a 120-175 indicated lepton pull on a local motorway, took well over 2 miles.

Erm, yeah, but, erm.... see pm ;) :D

2 miles at that speed takes no time at all FFS. 2 miles is basically bugger all when you are covering a mile every 20 or so seconds. I had a bit of a blast on the trip back home on sunday and at 150+ you eat the road up at a ridiculous rate. The lorries in the distance are up on you in no time flat. My aristo hits 150 with veritable ease. Going from there onwards I suggest is the same as getting from 70 to a ton in an old fiesta, do-able but hard work. Difference being the road doesn't bugger up a fiestas chance of getting to a ton but it sure as hell makes a supes job hard trying to get to 2 ton.

2 miles at that speed takes no time at all FFS. 2 miles is basically bugger all when you are covering a mile every 20 or so seconds. I had a bit of a blast on the trip back home on sunday and at 150+ you eat the road up at a ridiculous rate. The lorries in the distance are up on you in no time flat. My aristo hits 150 with veritable ease. Going from there onwards I suggest is the same as getting from 70 to a ton in an old fiesta, do-able but hard work. Difference being the road doesn't bugger up a fiestas chance of getting to a ton but it sure as hell makes a supes job hard trying to get to 2 ton.

Are you talking speedo Rpm or GPS ones?

Fom 150 on the speedo mines pulling like a train! It hits 180 in no time at all. Thats not real gps mph though ;)

Are you talking speedo Rpm or GPS ones?

Fom 150 on the speedo mines pulling like a train! It hits 180 in no time at all. Thats not real mph though ;)

Mines still in kph. My tom tom reads in leptons :D Also Methinks having decent roads helps which belgian ones just aint. I also will not pass traffic at more than 20-30 mph more than the limit just in case some sneaky enforcer is hiding in the traffic.

Mines still in kph. My tom tom reads in leptons :D Also Methinks having decent roads helps which belgian ones just aint. I also will not pass traffic at more than 20-30 mph more than the limit just in case some sneaky enforcer is hiding in the traffic.

Just remove the plates and floor it. It's worked for me for 3 years :D

Its more the lorry pulling out on me or some other unforeseen incident with traffic that keeps my foot off the pedal when approaching traffic. I just don't trust other road users at all and always expect them to do something sh*t. Stood me in good stead on sunday night as I approached a nondescript van at 150 and because I had lifted off I managed to tuck right up in behind it. It was a politie van and you really really do not f*ck with the Belgian politie they aren't as nice as Gendarmie.

Its more the lorry pulling out on me or some other unforeseen incident with traffic that keeps my foot off the pedal when approaching traffic. I just don't trust other road users at all and always expect them to do something sh*t. Stood me in good stead on sunday night as I approached a nondescript van at 150 and because I had lifted off I managed to tuck right up in behind it. It was a politie van and you really really do not f*ck with the Belgian politie they aren't as nice as Gendarmie.

We don't have traffic cops in the UK anymore. I've not seen on in years, honestly.

Ah see over here they don't have to be traffic cops and they do not wear ony of this prove it BS. If they know you are going over the limit they fine you on the spot simple as. There is no comeback, no bolshy lawyers getting you off. You pay and if you are a foreigner you pay now. They may or may not be nice enough to give you a lift to a cashpoint if you don't have enough money on you depending on their mood. One things for sure your car aint moving til the fines paid. Mate of mine in Norway doing over 150 copped for an on the spot fine of over 3 grand!!!!

T67 6spd: 198mph (hits rev limiter with normal runway)

I have no doubts that a T67 with raised rev limit will break the 200mph barrier, uprated cams would make a big difference. With cams and raised limit, I would expect at least 205mph from a T67 running 1.4bar

I would expect thats about right for the power levels :)