The mkiv Supra Owners Club

porshce callipers on a supra?

Guest supercar slayer

Guest supercar slayer

what do you suggest? this idea came about after my mate wrapped up his boxster and before it went off to the breakers i thought i might be able to make use of his loss.

Strap brakes designed for a 1300 kg car to a 1600 kg car?? :scare::eek:

Yeah cos the J-specs were really up to the task...

You'd need brackets to mount them, with discs you may have to look into the feasibility of using rotors of Porsche fitment mated to a bell for a Supra. Your master cylinder may require a rethink.

Would the callipers fit under your wheels?

Unless you have your own machine shop, or someone good (daft?) enough to work for nothing, forget it, an off the shelf UK or AP kit will be cheaper and a LOT LOT less hassle. Boxster discs are notoriously *rap, I have at least 4 dead sets here, failed through corrosion. They won't fit Supra hubs anyway. I'd forget it.

I'd go with what Chris says mate, but if you ever manage to get your mate to buy a porsche 911 turbo and wrap that, then your laughing

They have one of the highest braking forces of any mass produced car, and they only weigh 1400kg, so it doesnt always go with weight

Are you saying that you drive at 170mph on the public highway? Or are you agreeing about track driving?

I fully agree about track driving, but even making progress on a quick a road they are not upto the task, first thing we did after picking the car up was to have UK's fitted all round, the difference was astounding. I thought it may be phycological then I passengered in other cars with j-specs and found myself constantly going for the imaginary brake and clenching like a pretty boy in a super-max.