The mkiv Supra Owners Club

E85 Biofuel in a Supra

Gazboy

AFAIK it's not a straight swap as it doesn't burn with the same AFR's. You need more BioFuel injected than petrol.

It's a non starter on a stock ECU'd Supra.

I had already assumed you'd need an aftermarket EMS.

I was wondering if you had to change the injectors, fuel tank, fuel pump and if the engine needed any physical modifications.

If you could flip between maps it would be worth while.

If i recall correctly you need approx twice as much fuel to generate the same power but you can potentially generate more power due to the other properties of the fuel.

You need 30% more fuel for the same power, but yes you could get another, say 30bhp from jacking the boost up a bit, but say for example your average cycle is 18mpg, it'll now be 12mpg, with virtually the same price per litre in fuel- it's a non-starter imo.