The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I'm well proud of this forum

SupraAyf

Right fella's,

I have just checked out the 'For Sale' section and I am chuffed to feck to see that a few people have got their Supe's up for the £20K-mark.

I am fecking sick of people wanting everything for nothing, while there are those bods that constantly devalue the Supra by talking about "downhill market trends", due to the vast number of imports - well, you get what you pay for in this life of ours!!

There is no free lunch so if you want to have something nice and powerful then cough up the money - there is no other way to get it IMHO.

Great to see that people are starting to appreciate these cars for what they are.

The supra's you mention are highly modded - which accounts for the money being asked for them.

I'd also say there's a big difference between advertising a car for that money and selling it. I could stick mine up for sale at £20K - doesn't mean that's what it would sell for.

The supra's you mention are highly modded - which accounts for the money being asked for them.

I'd also say there's a big difference between advertising a car for that money and selling it. I could stick mine up for sale at £20K - doesn't mean that's what it would sell for.

I'll give you 19K for it.....:D

H.

I hope they do go for the high prices that they are worth. I wish Supras were still at the 2002 level of pricing :D

I have owned my Supra for 5 years and slowly watched the downwards trend in prices from what they were then to what they are now :(

Although this forum tends to sell the good cars there will always be someone who is prepared to sell cheap cars of a lower standard and that is where the problem begins. Somebody will see x is selling for this price and expects that is the norm :rolleyes: then somebody else will come along and need to sell quickly and offer it at a lower price and so the trend begins :(

its life!! not sure why people get so upset by it, 99.9% of all cars lose value over the years and as a whole you dont get your money back for adding mods to your car!!

a car will always be worth what people are willing to pay for it, the market will dictate what its worth :) anyone can stick it up for £20k but just because its up for that price doesnt meant the market is changing LOL it all comes down to how much the seller wants the money and if he/she can get the right buyer through the door as such, only ever takes that one person who falls in love with the car and then money does not become as much an issue hence why sometimes some of these higher priced cars will sell ;)

Mike

Although this forum tends to sell the good cars there will always be someone who is prepared to sell cheap cars of a lower standard and that is where the problem begins. Somebody will see x is selling for this price and expects that is the norm :rolleyes: then somebody else will come along and need to sell quickly and offer it at a lower price and so the trend begins :(

And here lies the problem eh;)

Well I sold my vgc 6-speed TT for under £8k because I needed to sell it quickly. I'm not going to apologise for that. I only had a small window to get hold of the money I needed for the Aristo. :tongue:

Before I ended up selling privately, I spoke to a couple of dealers from the forum here (because I was looking to sell quickly). It was suggested that I would be looking at £6k - £6.5k MAX if I sold to trade.

That is what the going rate is for these cars whether you like it or not......