The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suspension overhaul

Daston

Ok heres the long term plan after I get the car looking how I want. I am then going to start it handling better.

Now this is where my brain dies. What items are needed to overhaul the standard suspesion? Flicking through ads I see things such as "upper links", "lower links", "lateral links", "rear trailing control arms", "tension rods" and I am a little confused.

What would I need to change for a well set up car for the road and track.

nic that would be sweet. What would the advantages be of an aftermarket set up over stock?

Ikeya Formula do fully adjustable suspension arms, they are not exactly cheap though.

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=83234

Other companies do bush kits, the problem with fitting these is that you are left with old worn ball joints (ones on ends of each arm), as they are an integral part of the arm and cannot be replaced separately.

New replacement OEM parts is the best option IMO, as you'll also replace all the ball joints. Yes they are more expensive in comparison to bush kits, but some of this cost will be offset by the labour charge to fit. Removing and replacing just the bushes can be a real nightmare and take a long time to do.

I completely overhauled my suspension with new OEM parts a few years ago, the difference it made to the handling and grip levels was amazing, best money I have spent on my car in 7 years of ownership.