The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone running a PHR Street Turbo Kit

dandan

Hello mate, for the extra $1300 I would go for the PHR Stage 1 kit, I had this on my old supra, it is a great kit and allows you the options to change the turbo upto a stage 3 if required.

The spool up on the stage 1 is only fractionally slower the street turbo kit but you get the quality HKS parts.

Here is a pic of the PHR stage 1 on my old supra, you wont be disappointed.

Thanks for the posts fellas.

I had a stage 1 kit some time ago but never fitted it as it looked like I might be leaving UK so was selling the car.

Anyway - car is still here and right now, so am I :)

So I took a ride in a 67DBB kitted car and I'm not 100% sure it feeds my driving needs (max performance in the 40-140 range).

I know Wez's is a seriously fast spooler with that cast manifold whicj pointed me towards the PHR street kit. I think if I was going to go with a tubular setup I'd go BL as I prefer the design of the exhaust manifold.

Maybe a BL kit with a GT35R 0.82 A/R or possibly a GT4088R with a 0.68

Right now I'm considering my options but will be buying in the next 10days or so...

After a chat with Ryan, I don't think my car was running too well on the day you took it for a drive. There's 'something' wrong with it and it's certainly not running 100% right now, though we hope to solve this after the new Map sensor goes in and it has a remap. Ryan is also going to temporarily install a Link ECU which should allow some additional monitoring just to check all the sensors are working correctly. If we get it solved, I'm back in Glouecester in a few weeks and you're welcome to take it for another drive.

As I said at the weekend, Wez's car is probably one of the fastest street cars out there and I think more suited to your needs. It's an extremely well set up car and I highly recommend you ask him for a ride in it.

Yes I heard you let us T67's down the other day Homer ;)

Hope it's just a bug and nothing serious :thumbs:

-Ian

The rumour mill works fast :D

Must admit I was a bit shocked when dan's hybrid car kept up going to some serious leptons. Alarm bells were ringing then!

It's probably something minor, perhaps mapping it with a faulty crank dampner threw it off, maybe a dodgy MAP sensor, who knows. Hopefully we'll find out next week and Dan can take it for another driver with it running as it should be.

He's not afraid of using the throttle, thats for sure :D It was scarey and thrilling at the same time being in the passenger seat of your own car knowing the driver has never driven a single before :D

Don't get the wrong impression now Homer - I didn't go speaking to Ian saying I didn't like your car or anything like that! :D I was trying to get him to head somewhere slightly further west of where he is now to take me for a test drive :)

I loved every second behind the wheel and probably had a smile on my face all day after that. :D :D

If your's has got something amiss then I guess that's only a good thing as it's only going to get faster and faster! :) I hope it's nothing too serious as Ian said though.

I was definitely suprised at the comparison between the two cars on the road - there's definitely some truth behind the bigger power cars having to gain hard in the mid range to pull back what they lose on initial pick up. But yes, as you say - top end comparison was a little closer than I was expecting.

Please don't get the wrong idea though - I was impressed and loved the car and the single noise and pull. Plus as I said, I really appreciate you letting me have a drive - that was great. I hope you didn't think I was going to fast or driving too hard though....

That would probably be spot on Nic but I'd then have to source/fabricate the downpipe/wastegate/recirc pipe work which at the moment I just don't have the time to do.

I think Arnout can also supply the down pipes, have a chat with Wez he has one of Arnout's manifolds.

I'm looking forward to seeing homers car next week ever since his crank was on its way out it seems to have lost a fair bit of power. My thoughts at present is either the base timing has changed from where there is problem with crank senor due to when the pulley was loose . This will be checked with timing light as can lock timing ref on powerfc. Also going to monitor the pulses through link ecu and see if there are any errors on crank signals or cam.

Then fit new 2.5bar map sensor and tweak on road.

I do have an Arnout manifold but its not on the car yet, I am still running the induction motorsport setup.

Arnout does sell pipework kits which I also have but it needs a little fabrication work before I can install it.

As for the PHR Stage 1, it rocks and I have only had it running at 1.4bar, the bigger turbos will beat it up top though :thumbs: