The mkiv Supra Owners Club

not a fuse. need help big time

supra steveo

see this thread

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=121216

the lights in behind the dash are not working at all conected a 12 volt tester and it lit up when it touched 2 conections in the dimmer switch and the it also lit up when it touched the the pos conection of the dials and also the neg conection, ive done a search and it said if the dimmer controls are bust they should heat up but any way there is still electric coming though the conection but the is also power though the neg conection?:search: HELP

i had this one one of my dials the fuel one and i was trying everything, i took the set of dials out and had a good look at the circuit board on the back of the clocks and when tracing all the lines i found one had burnt away, so all i did was get a piece of wire and totaly soldered it all around the little piece of wire then srcatched away some of the protective cover on the circut board and soldered the wire onto the board and it worked again its worth a good look at the clocks first fella hope this helps;)

You've done the LED conversion right?, check to see if any of the LED's has slipped out of place causing some kind of short circuit etc

Hope you can get it sorted

sorted !!!! I hope. i think when one of the LEDs fell out its blew all the other LEDs ? can they do that? otherwise i am going to blow another set of LED i am running them with 180 ohm resistors now and the gauge lights are canny bright :) just hope they stay that way :cool: if not ive been told today the resistor may not be providing enough resistance for the LED so i got some 330 ohm ones if they blow again, if they die after that i am getting a new dash and leaving it with bulbs in and covering the bulbs with the gel paper