The mkiv Supra Owners Club

blown a fuse but where the hell is it ????

supra steveo

wel there has been no fuse blown so looks like it is probibly the dimmer switch there is no heat at the dimmer switch how ever, how would i jump the switch if i was to by-pass the dimmer switch? how do you you wire the three wires?

Not sure mate, I got a replacement dimmer switch off a kind person off here, think it only came to about £5-£7 including delivery so i personally would get another and save yourself the hassle

Snap.

My dash lights stopped working and it was just after I adjusted the dimmer controls.

Luckily the previous owner (pistonbroke on here) helped me locate the fuse box near the accelerator pedal!!

Yep the 10amp fuse had blown. After replacing it, it blew again.

So it's the dimmer.

I have ordered one from Jezz on here who sells spare parts for a tenner and paid using paypal.

Q: In the mean time - does anyone know how to access the dimmer cables or bypass it in the mean time!?! I don't care if the dash lights are on full - I have an indiglo dash with separate dimmer...

Cheers