The mkiv Supra Owners Club

YAY! Another what's my car worth thread.

RedM

1995 JDM TT with auto box.

110k on the clock although you could probably knock some off for the KM conversion.

Goodies include RLTC and a Greddy Ti exhaust, 17" stock wheels and UK brakes.

In the last two years it has had a Chris Wilson SMIC, new coil packs, new cam belt and tensioner, new crank pulley and tensioner and the auto box is a refurbed UK spec with approx 8-10k on it.

It has two pinprick dents near the fuel cap and the usual stonechips on the bumper.

It needs the Valve Stem seals doing and could probably do with a suspension refurb like IanC had done recently.

Would it be worth the outlay of fixing the faults to get more or should I just sell as is?

Would it be worth the outlay of fixing the faults to get more or should I just sell as is?

Personally I would fix the faults myself, but if you have to pay someone else I suspect that it won't be cheap.

How would you sell a car that needed valve stem oil seals, would you put this in the advert or tell a prospective buyer on the phone?

I wouldn't want to waste their time and tell them when they came to look.

Why you selling Martin??

Who said anything about selling? I was only asking about it's value.

Personally I would fix the faults myself, but if you have to pay someone else I suspect that it won't be cheap.

How would you sell a car that needed valve stem oil seals, would you put this in the advert or tell a prospective buyer on the phone?

I wouldn't want to waste their time and tell them when they came to look.

Not sure on this myself.

I would also remove the RLTC and sell it to me for £50 as it won't add value to the car ;)

It's difficult to remove due to the way it was wired up.:rolleyes:

Martin, I'm going to try and persuade you not to sell bud, obviously!!!

However, if it was the decision you did come to, then I'd say £8k pal. I sold mine for £8750 with a few more mods, nothing major though. Get the problems sorted first though. I'm happy to lend a hand if you need anything - although I do suck at all things technical as you know! ;)

The suspension work would be a couple of £k.

It is probably worth £6.5k at todays prices.

I would say the suspension work wouldn't be worth doing if you are thinking of selling as it wouldn't really add value.

The valve stem seals would be worth doing though as any kind of smoke puts people off.

Greg mate, I didn't realise you were that technically minded.

With credentials like yours, can you come and work on my car:bang:

Oi! I managed to fit my facelift front indicators, lights without problems didn't I? :) Apart from the burnt joggers of course.

Why? I don't get this?!

When the car came into the UK it was counting up in Kilometres, and then converted to count up in miles.

This means that whatever the car came into the country with - lets say for arguments sake 80,000 km, is actually only 50,000 miles (1.6km to a mile). Therefore as a real world mileage figure you'd need to take 30,000 off the displayed mileage.

Obviously this is dependent on knowing what mileage the car left Japan with, but this could be available from BIMTA.

HTH

Mike