The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Old duffer reversed a trailer into my car

Rory

Well its my turn to post up one of those stories about the car being damaged :(

Had the car parked at work on Friday as usual, its in an industrial estate. Parked next door to another units doorway.

So I come back to car later in the day to find a 2" high gouge out the side of my rear bumper extending for about 4". Also it has crumpled the back panel with the pressure.

Some investigating led to the guy in the unit I parked outside, I got him to put his trailer beside my car and theres a hook on the trailer that matches my damage perfectly. Needless to say I am raging!

He has denied everything. Im positive it was his trailer that hit my car as it matches up perfectly, hes a liar trying to get away with it.

My last resort for proof is CCTV but I dont think the system actually works in the yard :( Looks like I'm screwed. Of course I wouldn't mention on a public forum any sort of revenge because that would just be silly...

Heres the damage :

Bad luck mate.

You don't have to have any evidence on the video tape ;).

You can wave it in front of him and ask him if he has anything to confess to before you hand the tape in to the police.(a sort of poker bluff move if you like)

Really lay it on thick about it being a crime to not give details after an accident etc.

If there is no evidence anyway what have you got to lose ?

Defo call his bluff!! He might not actually know that he's done it if he's a proper numpty!!

I would just let him know that you are looking through the cctv and tell him that you'll just give it to the police and do him for criminal damage! Failure to report an accident etc!

H.

Sorry to hear this.

One of my customers just had one of their cars keyed all the way around, by the owner of the cafe shop next door. The CCTV shows him pacing about because there's a van and this car parked by the road near his shop (and this office). There are no parking restrictions or anything or ownership of the parking spots.

Cheeky bastard. He denied it, but as it was me who went in to backup the CCTV footage onto CD I've seen it with my own eyes.

'Paint forensics' on the trailor to see if any of your paint is present on it (or the hook)? ...it can be done, though the police would probably need to enforce such action.

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:14mkxHMw_O8J:www.channel4.com/science/microsites/S/science/society/forensic_trace.html+auto+paint+forensics&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=uk&client=firefox-a