The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Motec M800 ECU on RZ-TT 94 Supra

Guest scruffers

Guest scruffers

hi all,

im new to the supras and this forum and bought my first supra last week, a silver jap import (in 2002) RZ Twin Turbo, i was hoping for some advice on firstly what i have bought (spec below), whether it was a good deal (i think it is a steal!!) and what else i can do to it to improve it as far as components for increased power, etc anyones advice would be greatly appeciated, also with this motec system i am finding it difficult to find someone who knows it and can check its all running ok!!

1994 'L' 75K Miles Auto Silver

one of the only two supras in the world running the motec M800 Racing engine management system

currently running at just under 500BHP

Turbos reconfigured from sequential to parralel, apexi de-cat, Apexi GT SST Exhaust

HKS super power flow induction system

Motec M800 ECU fitted and dyno'd by owen developments

Bilstein suspension

18" blitz type 3 race wheels (what tyre pressures for these?)

slip control mechanically removed

Toad Ai606 alarm/immobiliser and tracker monitor fitted

TRD grade 8 iridium plugs

Oz Lexus front discs and calipers

original addzest multidin unit with tv (although tv only works in japan)

supertex fleece car cover

bodywork and interior original

serviced every 4500 miles with receipts for everything (over 15k spent since 2002)

driven relaxed 99% of the time

all original japanese and uk history

i paid £4500 for this car last week and must say it frightens the f*** out of me, this is without a doubt the fastest car i have ever been in

all advice is appreciated

scruffers

Guest scruffers

hi gaz6002,

i would but they are around a 2 hour drive from me and would prefer something more local to orpington, kent

all the best

scruffers

hi gaz6002,

i would but they are around a 2 hour drive from me and would prefer something more local to orpington, kent

all the best

scruffers

I would say two hours is fairly local considering the ECU you're using mate. I know a lot of folk who travel two or three times that distance for mapping.

Guest scruffers

i have been looking for around 8 months solid on ebay and autotrader, also considered importing myself, expected to pay £8k for it then saw this one in autotrader from a guy in leighton buzzard, went up there and bought it as soon as i saw it, unbelieveable accelleration!!!

Guest scruffers

as i said i dont know anything really about the car apart from what this guy has told me, he seemed very honest, i have dyno sheets from owens showing the bhp, etc so know its right, if i have to travel to owen then i will of course but was hoping as we all do for a shorter distance

as i said i dont know anything really about the car apart from what this guy has told me, he seemed very honest, i have dyno sheets from owens showing the bhp, etc so know its right, if i have to travel to owen then i will of course but was hoping as we all do for a shorter distance

fair enough, nothing wrong with looking for somewhere closer to home.

personally, i'd be happy to drive to Owen for mapping etc and just use somewhere closer for servicing etc.

Could you post up the dyno graphs? would be interesting to see. :)

Guest scruffers

i also done a full HPI check and the car is clean, i dont really know what i can do to it to improve it but there is always something, just want to spend some cash on it as i got it so cheap!!!!

how do i tell what boost im running as i dont know how to access the diagnosits of the motec ecu

Motec software is freely available at the Motec main site. You will need a connector from Motec to hook a laptop up to it.

Any pictures of the car and can you scan in the rolling road sheet from Owens ?

Guest scruffers

i have the software and the backups for the car and the cable but cant connect this to my laptop (no parallel), where would i plug in the ecu, i dont even know where this is located, i have the scans of the dynos if you can pm your e-mail

i have the software and the backups for the car and the cable but cant connect this to my laptop (no parallel), where would i plug in the ecu, i dont even know where this is located, i have the scans of the dynos if you can pm your e-mail

The Motec should have a connector coming from it. You can get a USB connector from Motec to hook up to your laptop that would hook up to the connector on the Motec.

As for as where is your Motec located, check in the passenger footwell under the carpet.