The mkiv Supra Owners Club

little help

TRD-Rob

was talking to a mate of mine as i was standing next to the car and noticed that a red light had come on it was the red oil light with the line underneath so got a bit worried and got back in a drove it home but when i drove off the light went off any ideas guys.

Ummm.... have you checked your oil? ;)

Also, was the car running or not? As you were standing next to it I imagine it wasn't moving... a little more info required mate.

yes mate the car was running but not moving also the oil was fine 2 days ago but will have a look as soon as it cooled down

The red light is oil pressure, the orange light is oil level.

It's still worth checking the level, but went I had an oil leak the orange light only came on after hard accelleration and went off again fairly quick - it didn't come on when the car was sat idling.

OIL Pressure when idling that sounds grim rob, sounds like the engine could have issues if the levels are ok. now you know why jezzy sold it cheap.

Nah only kiddin bud just code read it ,its prob something or nothing

I resent that comment. Even in jest.

its a private joke between me and rob bud , i keep ribbin him about buying the car off a scrap dealer.

i actually told him to buy it.

if you still resent the comment then maybe your feeling guilty?

if you still resent the comment then maybe your feeling guilty?

Other than the wheel situation, not at all. But to be fair, if i'd have sold it to him with the Trafficstars on, it would have been £3k more.

Never missed a beat when i had it. Perhaps show him how to check his oil?

A couple of days after he picked it up he sent me a pm all in a panic. He'd noticed it was boosting to 1.7 bar, and being on stock twins this was a disaster. Er, Rob, the boost gauge reads in PSI. That'l be 17 PSI then? :D ;)

Never missed a beat when i had it. Perhaps show him how to check his oil?

A couple of days after he picked it up he sent me a pm all in a panic. He'd noticed it was boosting to 1.7 bar, and being on stock twins this was a disaster. Er, Rob, the boost gauge reads in PSI. That'l be 17 PSI then? :D ;)

:rlol::rlol::rlol:

OK i think i will step in now jezz it was not my fault about the gauge i was told by another member that i took out for a spine to ask you about it i will not mention his name lets just say hes fat and bold no not you andy you still have hair not much but hay more then this person

OK i think i will step in now jezz it was not my fault about the gauge i was told by another member that i took out for a spine to ask you about it i will not mention his name lets just say hes fat and bold no not you andy you still have hair not much but hay more then this person

So your blaming Homer then yeah?

Speak his name and the devil will appear hehe please let it be homer :D:d:d

Not me (though I know who it was :D ), I think I was the one that explained how the gauge worked ;)

Anyway, back on topic - that light is oil pressure so be very careful if it comes on. Stop the car immediately.

Check your oil level when cold and report back.

Not me (though I know who it was :D ), I think I was the one that explained how the gauge worked ;)

Anyway, back on topic - that light is oil pressure so be very careful if it comes on. Stop the car immediately.

Check your oil level when cold and report back.

will do see how it goes tomorrow