The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cracked Windscreen - Who is best/cheapest to replace it?

RedM

Ignore the above. I rung Sky back and they had given me the wrong number. Rang Ensign claims directly and they are sorting me a fitting time with the parts I want and nothing extra to pay over the £60 excess.

What's the lead time like M? I also need to ring Sky to put in a windscreen claim.

Ring Sky and ask for the Ensign direct claims line number. As Ensign didn't require a reference number I could PM the number if asked.

I'm booked in for Thursday afternoon in Wakefield with an RAC/Autoglass centre. I found some 'bad things' about Glassline on the net so I'm happy not to be dealing with them.

FWIW they wanted me to pay £60 excess and £137 for the difference between what they would cover and the glass I need! Ensign direct will do it all for £60.

As for the glass, I was told that mine will be a faint blue tint with a green stripe at the top. The green is obvious but I've never really noticed the blue.

If they don't get it right first time then I shan't be leaving until it's sorted.

I had windscreen replaced twice, both insured with Ensign.

I requested genuine glass both times (for my SEAT Leon) and had to wait just over 2 weeks for the glass to be available. MUCH better fit. I now have non-SEAT glass and it's fine, but i can certainly see/tell the difference, and i watched them fit it.

UPDATE:

Turned up at RAC/Auto Windscreens at 1pm. Man let me inspect the new screen. Genuine Toyota and he said that he'd have been surprised if it hadn't been. He looked over the car, checking off points of damage etc and I watched him drive the car into the workshop.

Went for a walk and, about 2 and a 1/2 hours later, it was done. Car was parked in exact same spot. Which is always nice.

The screen 'looks' lovely. I say 'looks' because it's so pristine it's actually hard to see the glass. I was so pleased I even purchased some lovely new wipers to go with it. Seal looks a tad different but better than the old one.

"Any negatives, Martin?"

Yes, actually.

Big Macs don't taste as good as I remember.

Goodbye.....

21 days! What sort of precautions do you have to take during that time?

Yeah that!!

The guy who did mine asked me not to wash the car for a couple of days??:rolleyes: He led me to believe that the sealant goes solid within a couple of hours??

I would have thought that driving would have been the biggest hazard!!

H.