The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Paint problem

smiles181

We got a supra on saturday and my partner on sunday decided to put it through a hand wash near newcastle college near where we live.However they sprayed something onto the paint work and it seems to have reacted with it.It looks like when u wash a car and u miss a spot u can still see the dirt but all over the car,my partner has tried to get it off himself and its not coming off very well unless he really scrubs it.Has anyone had this happen to them?

Any suggestions on wot it could be.

just to add, this unfortunately highlights why i only wash my car myself.

yes a drive through car wash can screw up the car, but a bad hand wash can be even worse.

ps

this is not to say it can't be done properly, just be careful who does it.

i know he is going mental over it.He is going do it all himself now,how hard is it to use the correct stuff its not rocket science.

Its in patches over the car some parts are worse than others,might treat him to a machine buffer

If you get the lighter stuff, and a proper unit (Not a rotary unit), you can get absolutely cracking results. Something like a porter cable would need to be imported but they are the mutts nuts. Consumables aren't expensive, menzera is around £15/l, with good wax's being from £10 to anything you want.

With the something like menzerna and a PC it is fairly hard to damage the paint unless you really abuse it.

i know he is going mental over it.He is going do it all himself now,how hard is it to use the correct stuff its not rocket science.

Its in patches over the car some parts are worse than others,might treat him to a machine buffer

in my opinion, i'd just treat the car to a good polishing by a professional (peter richards may point you in the right direction).

doing it yourself with a decent polisher can be expensive and take practice...i'd just let someone else do it and take car of the car by washing properly once it's done.

:)