The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra for sale help

Guru

I have relisted my Supra on Autotrader for the second time (£44 :().

Can anyone give me any tips on the price, wording or pictures? Nothing vindictive about the colour :p

CLICK HERE

With that amount of writing i gave up after the first 5 lines,

If i was a newbie and saw that lot on autotrader id run a mile as id have no idea what half of it was. Maybe it would be better to cut down on the after market spec for places like the trader and save it for places like here and P/H where people know what they are looking at.

Thats just my opinion.

I have relisted my Supra on Autotrader for the second time (£44 :().

Can anyone give me any tips on the price, wording or pictures? Nothing vindictive about the colour :p

CLICK HERE

Red (pink) is.....

... an excellent colour. IMO only black suit Supra better.

Guest Suprafly

I'd say your ad looks ok, if I was in the market for a supra, looking at your ad I'd be defo interested, however I'd want to see more pics.

Have you got it on Pistonheads? It's free to advertise and EVERYONE looks there!

The ad is ok mate. Personally i feel you should put as much txt in an ad as poss. nothing worse than finding a car you like, but seeing a couple of lines written, but, you also dont want clutter. You could maybe just list the mods but dont go into detail, thats what a phone call is for. and then make someone feel as though it is a genuinly cherished car that you've put your heart and soul into, if indeed you have ;) Make someone think your advert is giving them a far better/cared for car than any other adverts around it. Use capital letters to emphasise certain words that you want to stand out. You do need some more and better pics though, definetly. I also didnt see anything mentioned with regard to tax/mot

Avoid boost words and performance figures.

I took out some of the padding and removed bits about painted dashes, after market steering wheels - this could put people off. IMHO.

Is the exhaust full stainless?

It might be worth playing down some other parts too. The SSQV and induction kit maybe?

Manual, RZ Stock engine. 85k miles (registered in KMs) but converted to mph on the speedo.

Meticulously maintained by Supra enthusiaist and club member. Work done by trusted Supra experts Chris Wilson and Thor.

HKS front mount intercooler. Apexi induction and heat shield. Walbro fuel pump. HKS SSQV atmospheric dump valve. Apexi Power FC + commander stand alone ECU (fully setup by Thor Racing). Apexi full stainless exhaust and stainless double decat. CW stock modd'ed clutch and flywheel. Cusco front brace. HKS Hipermax coilovers. Clifford 650 G5 Cat1 alarm. 17" Rays Volks TE-37's (super light weight high quality brand). Brand new Toyo Proxes T1-S tyres.. Calipers, pads, discs and fluid fully replaced recently. Alpine speakers front and back with a Sony headunit and Ipod hardwire. Fully sound deadened from boot to under the back seats and front doors. Apexi gauges (oil, exhaust temp, exhaust pressure and boost) for double gauge A-pillar holder and Border two gauge dash mount. Private plate J50 PRA valued just over £2k. HID converted UK glass headlights. She drives beautifully and am only selling due to not using her enough! No timewasters/tyrekickers please she is too nice nice a car for that. £9,500.

Doesn't the description breakdown say it's white......

....but the cars red?

You are right mate. :blink:

Oh crap thanks thats a mistake it is RED :rolleyes:

You are allowed upto 9 pictures or something, make the most of that for a start.

Good comment I will be posting some more up asap :)

maybe mention its a known car to people on this forum

Agreed I forgot to mention that bit. It shall be going on!

Have you got it on Pistonheads? It's free to advertise and EVERYONE looks there!

Yep free is my favorite word ;)

Ad looks ok but May be re-consider the price

I hate to say it but I was thinking the same... :(

What would you both reccomend?

Avoid boost words and performance figures.

I took out some of the padding and removed bits about painted dashes, after market steering wheels - this could put people off. IMHO.

Is the exhaust full stainless?

It might be worth playing down some other parts too. The SSQV and induction kit maybe?

Great write up Pete it was justr what I was looking for but could not do. I will be stealing it me thinks ;)

jspec TT with 80k more like 7.5 8k

For an auto maybe but not a manual surely?

You did have the car as an auto on the advert at first! That's why few of us thought it's expensive! lol!

There's a few examples from traders with less mileage for cheaper. Just depends on how quick you want to sell it for. You might as well advertise it for a pound less, £8,999 looks better than £9,000.

Cheers,

Ro

For some reason the ad wont show for me?

But the thing that i try to do whenever i sell any of my vehicles , mainly because it is the main thing that irritates me when im looking for cars , is make sure you have plenty of decent pictures... Get some pics which really show the car off well... a decent pic will make it stand out from all the other adverts.. to me if a car looks good in a picture im more enticed to go and look into it further..

Just my 2p's worth