The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra's owned pod @ HKS Rd3

Guest Ben Linney GTC

Guest Ben Linney GTC

Geeez its 7.50 pm and no one has mentioned what happened at pod today!?

Steve Whittaker MKIII Supra with 2JZGTE ran a 8.5 going onto a 8.2 @172mph and wins the pro class.

Dee Ireland 8.8, 8.7, 8.6 @158mph

Leon best time 8.5

Drag Kings long over due

well done all

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incredible times, well done Steve, Leon and Dee :D

Are there any pics of Steve's new car? I heard a few rumours over the last few months that he was building a monster but not seen any pics or specs...

Good to see Leon is getting close to his goal, 7's aren't looking so distant now!

I told everyone Auto's were the way forward! Might change myself as manual gearbox's just put to much strain on the car, and hitting the right gear at the right time is difficult under pressure.

Kevin

Wow... that's quite amazing, not just one but a plethra! I thought the days of the supra's ruling the roost were gone.. well done to everyone.

long live the supra!

What an amazing thing to see!!! That had to be the most exciting drag racing Ive seen for jap cars.:D:D

Gt Art ran an 8.5 then DJ graig ran a 8.7 then leon ran his best time then Calder supra ran some stupid time as well, all amazing and all in one day!:blink:

I got into the semifinals for the street competition against the Fensport celica. I beat him off the start then got a missfire halfway up due to me messing with the map!! I had to let off the power and coast to the finish!. Best I did was a 10.8 at 128 with a 1.7 60 ft.(Seems pretty insignificant next to the pro class). Could have got into the final If I'd just left well alone.

I'll never learn!:(:search:

Just a side note. the 10.8@128 was done with an unopened J-spec block, std j-spec cams :)

Well done Robbie, what time did the Fensport Celica run against you? Did he go on to with the Street Class?

Who was the Pro-Final between?

Thanks

Kevin

What an amazing thing to see!!! That had to be the most exciting drag racing Ive seen for jap cars.:D:D

Gt Art ran an 8.5 then DJ graig ran a 8.7 then leon ran his best time then Calder supra ran some stupid time as well, all amazing and all in one day!:blink:

I got into the semifinals for the street competition against the Fensport celica. I beat him off the start then got a missfire halfway up due to me messing with the map!! I had to let off the power and coast to the finish!. Best I did was a 10.8 at 128 with a 1.7 60 ft.(Seems pretty insignificant next to the pro class). Could have got into the final If I'd just left well alone.

I'll never learn!:(:search:

Just a side note. the 10.8@128 was done with an unopened J-spec block, std j-spec cams :)

Well done to all the Supra champs! - Keep it up! Who needs 4WD? ;) Might help me a bit!

Rob, you and I both know there's a lot more to come from your car. It's paying off slowly! :)

We now share something in common... We've both had our butts kicked by Fensport! - Only, I had no excuse. It beat me outright and there was nothing I could do about it!