The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single turbo conversionists

2jzhead

I am going to get a single boostlogic kit, i have an auto supe but i just want to know how you deal with driving them, the lag and everytihng. I dont wanna go spending £6k and then not being happy :) so i thought i would ask you who have already done it, hopefully you will make my mind up for me.:cool:

lol ok, after mutch thought, i have decided to buy a manual single. I dont wanna stick a turbo on this, and not be able to upgrade later because of box, and i dont think i will be able to scrape enough pennys together to get a manual conversion. So, what is ma supe worth then, (hoping arround 10 - 11k)

Silver

Standard twinturbo setup

HKS cams

HKS vernier cam pullys

BLITZ Boost Controller SBC i-D III

BLITZ Dual DCII turbo timer

BLITZ ID Meter boost gauge

BLITZ large front mounted intercooler

ADVAN racing alloys

APEXI Air filter

GREDDY oil, water temp gauges

GREDDY oil pressure gauge

GREDDY oil filter relocation kit

GREDDY oil cooler

FWIN high performance radiator

TRD exhaust, Double decat pipe

TRD oil filler cap

Uprated fuel pump

800W Sub, can be removed

400bhp

Not a mark on it, pics:

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/6497/sdayout001aa5.th.jpg

and another, somthing went wrong with image shack

What you think, hope this changes its value :(

The first single turbo Supra I ever drove was a BL67 on an auto with stock Torque Converter. It was so slow off the mark that it put me off singles for along time.

I wouldn't consider anything bigger than a t61 on an auto.

I agree, I personally would not use a stock auto transmission for any type of single, if I had the cash and wanted to do things properly I would go for a BL transmission and a higer stall

The car is worth what you can get for it basically. When I sold mine it was worth £14k, after 8 months I took £11.5k for it. Two weeks later the new owner was offered £14k for it so clearly it was worth £14k. Depends on location, where you are advertising it and how lucky you get. Being brutally honest having BPU mods and being very well maintained and blingy doesn't seem to command any more money than being bone stock right now.