The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ADVICE NEED NA-T turbo kit

ravi4001

Thinking of turboing my NA supra, a fellow member suggested this kit

Question-- is this worth it??? How reliable is this really??

http://clubna-t.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2037

You get what you pay for, ie. buy cheap and you get cheap quality. A decent quality manifold would normally cost you more than that whole kit, so it says something about what the quality will be like.

I'd recommend going for a Boost Logic or Power House Racing kit instead.

Thinking of turboing my NA supra, a fellow member suggested this kit

Question-- is this worth it??? How reliable is this really??

http://clubna-t.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2037

i,m running this kit on my na-t

this kit needs a bit of work to make it fit if your good with a spanner you should be ok

the turbo and the bov is junk ,both failed on me within a couple of thousand miles, the oil lines went brittle with the heat ,so i upgraded to goodridge lines and fittings

running a garrat turbo and bailey bov

the manifold and downpipe has been good so far

i bought this kit to do my conversion cheaper in the end i spent over £3500 to do the convertion right with fuel management,injectors,head gasket,turbo,bov,etc

check my garrage theres a list there

if i was to do this again i would buy a boostlogic

• 2 years later...
Guest atheuma

bull3t this thread is from 2007. Open up a new thread...and for a tenner its worth it to become a club member .. It will help...

Are they going to put a 2jz gte in it? that is a twin turbo stock engine? If thats the case you must consider other things....like diff , prop, gearbox etc...

hello peeps, im a new member, got myself a N/A Supra, and was quoted £2500 to get a single turbo convertion in my car, there gonna buy an engine and fit it?, does this sound legit?, or they talking rubbish?, please help peeps, fanx

Find out what exactly they intend to do for £2.5K and then ask again, it's impossible to answer your question otherwise. They'll either be suggesting fitting a turbo kit to your NA engine or swapping the complete engine with a TT one.

im so rubbish at this, lol, ill become a member as soon as possible, i love my supra to bits, but ive had trouble getting the right advise so im turning to u guys. yea a tenners worth it, he basically said to me, that hes gonna buy a twin turbo engine, and then put a single turbo into it. but like u sed, ill have to check the gearbox ext.

how much are we talking, when u say fitting a turbo kit?, is that more worth it?, or should i stick with N/A

Best option would be to sell the NA and buy a TT.

2nd best option would be to fit a 2JZGTE engine and gearbox.

I wouldn't personally recommend fitting a turbo kit to your NA, to do it 'properly' with all the supporting mods needed (intercooler, ecu/mapping, clutch/gearbox, etc. etc.) would cost a lot and make similar hp to a standard TT.

2.5k for a new engine and single kit means it either won't work, or it's knocked off! The single kit and parts alone would be more than that, then you still have a new block, supporting mods (diff, gearbox, clutch etc) and labour.

Go with one of the traders here as they know their stuff and will get it done properly for you. Yes it will cost more, but pay cheap, pay twice etc.

HTH

fanx for the advise peeps, i wanna have someone who knows wat there doing, i dnt mind paying money, as long as the beast gets unleashed. how much we talking bout for a good job? any good traders i should kno about?

For NA-T done properly you'd be looking at £6k plus. However it's a waste of money in my opinion, if you ever want to go for more than NA-T power (which is little more than TT BPU) you'd need to start all over again. The sensible choice is to go for a TT swap, get the trans up to spec then if you want more than 400bhp go single. Either way, it will cost a packet.

Swapping the NA lump to a TT is by a very long way the sensible choice.

If you want to get an example of how to do the NA-T properly then see the spec from Bromy.

PS: Please, no more of the txt speak.