The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheels ctching arches on bumps

hodge

Ive fitted veilside overfenders to my Supra and have 19 inch split rims on the car to bet them to fill the arch ive used 30mm spacers but now when i hit a bump the edge of the tyre carches the overfender.

I have cut the arches correctly for the ovrfenders and its just the actual overfender it catches.

the car is quite low.

I was considering taking the spacers to work and skimming 5mm off them on the lathe. i think this should cure the problem but is there any other solution.

:D

get thinner spacers or if you are confident skim em

you know Itll will handle like a brick with 19 s on or so Im told

Rich

Properly set up its not that bad, obviously better with smaller wheels but hardy a brick lol

Ide get the correct wheels too, but skimming the spacers would do the trick.. :)

the best mod you can do is to fit those polyeurothene/rubber coil donuts between your springs. They totally stop the spring from compressing too far.

I've used them on nearly every car I've had over the past few years and they work a treat.

Halford's sell them at something like £12 each. They come in a range of sizes from GE13 upto GE15A. So you'll need to check your spring spacing first of all.