The mkiv Supra Owners Club

led dash swap

ukApache

i just did a full led conversion to my dash (see this thread) but i just bought some gauges which are white backlit :rolleyes:...i couldnt live with that. anybody wanna swap their standard heater controls and dials (just the bulb holders from the dials) for these?? As you can see in the pics, i've also done the active spoiler switch so would swap for a standard one of those as well. I guarantee that all the lights work as they're supposed, just in case anyone thinks i cocked up and want to try & f*** up another set :innocent: I will attempt better pics if anyone wants. ;)

why not just led the back light like you did with the dash dials and replace the light with a LED and resistor?

i could do this but tbh i originally wanted them in white anyway :rolleyes: but i had a load of green leds & no patience to order white ones.

thinking back though it wasnt that much of a quick job and the active spoiler switch was a b****** to get open, so i've decided that i'm only willing to swap with someone if they have the active spoiler switch as well.

Cheers ;)

just rip it all apart again and switch the green LEDs for white

i know i could do this but i just thought i might as well let someone else have a free led conversion and i could start again. As i said it was still a fair bit of effort to do these, and that would go to waste if i ripped it all out again

id keep those. they look quite nice.

thanks :). I probably will do if no one with an active spoiler switch wants 'em