The mkiv Supra Owners Club

X-Power Manifold Finished Quality

TT-DEK

Daston What some of the US guys do is weld on support bars from the exhast flange to the turbo flange. Apparenty the No 1 cause of failier is the weight of the turbo bending the manifold when it gets hot.

Would it be posible for you to find some pictures of that??? ;)

I don´t know were to look :search:

i hear a lot of peeps saying budget crap with these manifolds but has anyone on hear had one actually fail ?

Likewise.

To date I've not heard of one of these manifolds failing. Aside from the POS Gaz got landed with they certainly 'work', mine seems fine so far, it controls boost perfectly and is making some good power.

I suspect the collector design (or lack of it) is the major issue with these and no doubt they will not be making the most of the combustion pulses. I think thats why mine sounds a little rough on idle.

That said, using one of these manifolds was my biggest mistake. An extra £500 on a 'proper' one would have saved double that in the long run. More now that I'll be replacing it.