The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Looking for welding company...

Konrad

Looking for welding company to cut off my silencer part and weld 3'' straight pipe onto place. There is something loose in my silencer, rattling awfully when on low rpms. My exhaust system is combined Jasma/5ZIGEN , but I would like to change part of exhaust between second cat and exhaust backbox. It is standalone pipe, but only company I know in area, which is MIJ in Walsall quoted me for 160-180 pounds for bloody 1m pipe :faint:. I do not mind silencer being cut off and small piece of pipe welded, as rest of the pipe itself is in good condition, it is just rattling, which getting on my nerves. I'm from Wolverhampton :)

Edit: To make it easier I will include picture. I'm looking for either changing all pipe (red marks) or just a short piece where silencer is (green marks)

panorama.jpg

Hmm we had a look with TrickTT and all symptoms looks like it is something loose in silencer. In this area there is no shields or other pieces of metal, just pure silencer. It's rattling only on low rpms, once it will get over 900 rpms it is perfectly quiet. Also getting noisy after spirited driving.

if you know for sure the rattling is in the silencer , rather than cut it out and replace the hole pipe which is where the cost is from that firm .

why not cut out a hole in the silencer get the crap out and re weld the piece back in , plus you wont have to get the zorst off

well it is an idea, but thing is, that it is prolly some kind of loose pipe inside (???) - that's at least can rattle, as I was informed. I will look into it tho, Thank you :)