The mkiv Supra Owners Club

XS Power Turbo

2jzhead

Hi guys, decided to go single, and for the price, i think these arnt that bad, the manifold seems pretty well made to prevent cracking and since a t70 it only £280 12 months of use and it can be replaced but seeing at a GT45 is so cheap aswell, ill see about getting one of those. Is this company any good or are the turbos bad, i quote "This Turbo, Powers the Fastest Manual Toyota Supra In the country with a 10.12 @147 mph" is this true, because silly me typed in xs power turbo on google and got a scary pic http://www.bblgroup.us/ssautochrome_files/image001.png Their website is http://www.xs-power.co.uk/

Woohoooo you bought cheap shit to put on a £45,000 car...you da man. Hey everyone look what he's gotten away with! Yes he's dropped on the cheapest turbo that he can find as is delighted that it, works!!! (it spins and everything!) This must be a really good thing then! Wish I had the foresight to use such cheap and shoddy parts. Now it's time to finish the job, put in cheap fuel, cheap oil, and hell some really cheap pistons and be amazed at how it still runs!!....

....only nothing like a good one using properly matched parts, you'll completely miss out on decent drivability because the turbo is a p1ss poor match to the engine. But please do carry on bigging up cheap tat.

he is ime afraid, yes thay are cheap and alot of people buy the kit just for the manifold and the external wastegate (and a few other bits) and bin the turbo for a better one. ivw seen plenty of 600bhp cars with the Xs manifold fitted, if you on a budget buy the manifold and put a garett turbo on, if u have loads of $$ buy a greddy or hks (or simlar) single kit

he is ime afraid, yes thay are cheap and alot of people buy the kit just for the manifold and the external wastegate (and a few other bits) and bin the turbo for a better one. ivw seen plenty of 600bhp cars with the Xs manifold fitted, if you on a budget buy the manifold and put a garett turbo on, if u have loads of $$ buy a greddy or hks (or simlar) single kit

Good advice, i have heard bad things about their turbo's but not experienced it first hand. That picture would have put me off though.

Fucking hell calm down, i was only asking. I am not going to bother with this forum again for opinions if this is the attitude it comes back with, unless alex is just like that.....

Yeah he is just like that ;) :D :p Sorry Alex........:eyebrows:

I think you'll find the XS Power kits are regarding as Fisher Price Toy stuff and in this case as the old saying you get what you pays for, and another to quote, pay cheap, and you'll end up paying twice..........

Try not to let the few comments get to you personally, its just these guys do know what works and what dont, and we wouldnt want you to waste a cheap amount of money in comparison to a better quality turbo kit and then have to deal with the issues after.....

This is actually trying to help you out and save money.......

Single kits cant be done on a budget price, believe me its a myth, ask anyone of here (ie, Homer) who tried to do it the budget route and you end up spending at minimum 2k more in sorting a lot of the things budget kits dont resolve in the first place......

We are a friendly bunch most of the time, honest, maybe its all this warm weather now thats getting to these boys......

:cool::cool::cool:

also the kits dont fit and require a fair bit of fabrication some of the turbos dont have a flange on too so basically its a major fek on on that side of things too...i had a turbo from them and when i phoned looked into the turbo id number it was basically made for an iveco truck:D(honestly)i did have an xspower intercooler though once over and was very happy with it.

ok then if that is what people have had there cars too, "sorry i amm a little drunk" then i shall, what are we talking as in starting boost, like 4krpm? and say flooring from a standing start, will it be slower then a standard tt or not

Huh?

Maybe try again tomorrow mate.

ok then if that is what people have had there cars too, "sorry i amm a little drunk" then i shall, what are we talking as in starting boost, like 4krpm? and say flooring from a standing start, will it be slower then a standard tt or not

*Tries to decipher drunken post*

Depends on which gear you're in and the starting load on the engine...

Have you ever been in, or driven a higher powered turbocharged car before? I.e. do you know how the power delivery changes between load? for exmaple:

1st gear 1 bar = 5.2k rpm

6th gear 1 bar = 2.9k rpm

Also,

"T70" XS power turbo = truck turbo with MASSIVE exhaust housing and tiny compressor. Late to boost, but runs out of steam almost immediately. It's built for medium capacity, small rpm diesel engines.

"GT45" XS power turbo = massive drag racing turbo as used by Steve Whittaker in his 10s drag car. Massive, massive investment needed in engine build, fuelling, ECU, mapping, etc. Not for use on a street car. The exhaust housings are used on very large capacity diesel engines.