The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Few engine questions

gtgaz

As you can tell im new.

Just would like to know these questions for a TT so i have some foundations.

What are the standard turbos called and engine?

What is the standard fuel pressure and boost?

What boost can the standard turbos take and what is the highest boost the engine can take?

What are the first common upgrades engine wise? (like the first things people do). So i can look out for them when buying.

Where abouts is the oil filter and ECU also are they visable? lol

Any evidence of an N/A conversion or similar?

What are the genuine 0-60 and bhp figures as im seeing all sorts of things. Im assuming they are about 5-5.5.

Ta

Gaz.

:)

You'll find all the answers to those questions by searching on here or looking in the tech resources, but since I'm feeling in a helpful mood for some reason I'll tell you...

The engine is the 2JZ-GTE for the TT or GE for the NA. Turbos are CT20A on the Jspec and CT12B on the UK/USA/Euro spec.

Standard fuel pressure is 36psi static (i.e. with the hose pulled off the pressure reg and the engine not running but the fuel pump activated by a bridge in the diagnostics port). Standard boost pressure is around 0.75BAR.

First things people do are the mods known as BPU (basic performance upgrade) - exhaust, remove cats, remove fuel cut via electronic gizmo, restrictor in the exhaust for Jspec to avoid overboosting or a bleed valve for UKs to increase boost, change plugs, change fuel pump on Jspecs.

Oil filter is on the intake side of the engine lowish down - look for the dipstick and look down and you'll see it. ECU is in the passenger footwell under a plastic cover under the carpet.

BHP is just over 300 for the Jspec, 320 for the UK. 0-60 is 4.9 for the manual, 5.1 for the auto (official figures).