The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scotish noob converting from a 200sx

Guest evil_scooby

Guest evil_scooby

Hey,

Thought I would say hello. Im from Glasgow, currently driving a

black s14a 200sx turbo with about 340bhp.

Fancy getting a supra but not sure what kind yet. Still reading about them. Is there any ex 200 owners that recommend them and notice a big difference from the 200?

Was just looking at some of the 1/4 miles from Crail that some people got on hre and they seem higher than I thought. 14 and 15 secs.

What kind of car and power would I be looking at to be in the 12s up the quarter mile or preferably the high 11s.

Im getting about 13.2 in my car just now and I presumed the supra with the twin turbos and the bigger engine would be a lot faster.

120 kg bloke prolly have more muscles then me, but I can outran him easy weighting only 73 kg ;) Your 200's bhp is not standart for your car right? If you will put Supra from 320 bhp on standard twins to eg. 500 on proper small single turbo, you will get your 12's :) Also remember, that it is not standing start, which is main Supra advantage, she is trashing almost everything on her way when going 60mph+

Welcome in nut's den ;)

Rubbish. I'm BPU+ and I will run an 11 at Crail next weekend (USSC) :eyebrows:

When mine was standard I ran a 13.5 at Crail. I already ran an 11.90 at Elvington at TOTB which is a very similar surface to Crail, hence my confidence in doing one there too.

Mine is a full weight car, has standard ceramic turbos (j-spec) running 1.1bar boost, standard unopened engine (no cams) and still on standard fuel system. When I go single turbo I'll be expecting 10's and under :)

Welcome to the club Ross, I'd say my Supra is plenty faster than my stage 2 S13 was. It's also a damn sight more reliable!

Cheers,

Brian.

Guest evil_scooby

Konio not quite sure what you meant. I thought the standard twin turbo would have been a bit faster up the 1/4 mile, I was not comparing it to anything.

Eve, thats a more promising time especially for standard :) Look forward to seeing the times with BPU.

Brian might pop up and see how you get on at USSC and maybe steal a passenger ride if your not too busy and have the passenger seat still in

Guest evil_scooby

Hi Hadyn,

Yeah I remember you mate :) How you doing.

How come you have had two now? Any issues with them or was it a move up ?

13.3 is a great 1/4 mile time. What kind of power mods are you running .

Did it bother you much going from manual to auto?

Hi Hadyn,

Yeah I remember you mate :) How you doing.

How come you have had two now? Any issues with them or was it a move up ?

13.3 is a great 1/4 mile time. What kind of power mods are you running .

No reliability issues mate, I just wrote my first one off :(

My first one had a full decat, cat back zorst and boost at 1.1ish bar and would run 13.5 and below all day on big heavy 18" split rims.

Id say that car would have run high 12s on stock or lightweight rims...