The mkiv Supra Owners Club

You can never have to much power ???

edge

My first car was a nova merit with an enormous 957cc engine. People i worked with had various fast-ish cars and one guy had a cosworth with approx 450 - 500bhp. He said after a while you get used to the power and want more.

I thought he had a few screws loose:blink: As my baby was pushing nearly 50 bhp and about 3 torques.

Now my supe is about 380hp and now it seems slow, My heart used to start racing when i fisrt got in her and i used to shake after a spirited drive. So all you guys who are running singles/big twins etc are you used to the power yet?

Whats the next step to get that rush? plus its going to be hard to buy other cars for the same price with as much power.

Im not into going round corners fast otherwise i would of brought an evo or a scoobra etc i just like a speed rush.:rolleyes:

I'd guess that my car is around a realistic 500+ in road trim, and yes, I'm used to it. Can't say it feels slow, but it doesn't scare me like it used to either. BUT, I am at the point where I wouldn't really want any more power for road use...

You big girl :D

Once you buy a TT Supra you are into a spiral of continuous modifying or saving hundreds of thousands to get something that will keep up. IMO the best way forward would be to get sensible mods that not only increase the outright power but make the car either more reliable or more drivable. This is the key to owning a truely stunning, satisfying car. It takes time and quite a bank account but done properly you will end up with a masterpiece that you built and will sail past all the "budget-mod" crew who will be stuck on the hard shoulder. Just IMHO of course.

Now my supe is about 380hp and now it seems slow, My heart used to start racing when i fisrt got in her and i used to shake after a spirited drive.

Mine is mechanically stock, but I used to be a bit "shakey" after a spirited drive when I first got it. For 6 years before that, I only really drove a 1.4 8v Corsa, so it was a complete adrenalin rush!

I'd say I'm getting used to the power, but for now my wallet and some small sensible part of my mind are keeping me from modding her! The speed rush is what does it for me too :D

That's why it's good to have a Boost controller. Drive on low boost normally and high boost on spirited runs rather than having the same power all the time.

On my BPU car, higher boost makes the turbos spool faster. With the EBC switched off, the Turbos come on at standard 2 and 4 K revs. With 1.2 bar the second turbo sometimes comes online at 3500 revs but usually 3700.