The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ian C Mapping

ADD

Thought id post up my experiance regarding mapping with Mr Ian C...so after a 12hr shift at work i travelled up to norwich (180 odd miles) barely able to keep my eyes open, turned up and started with the mapping or so we thought firstly a slight modification on the EMU had to be made to plug his laptop in and an explanation on MANU and AUTO mode on the B/C. so we're off Ian's got his headphones on listening to what the engine is doing or not doin...1st run down the private test track hitting 1 bar lovely jubbly, 2nd run we hit 1.62 bar and pop off goes the first boost pipes, luckily Ian had his TOOL BOX handy :limp:...the next run we hit 1.38 and pop, yet another pip popped off but luckily this time it was a visable pipe. Last attempted and she flew hitting 1.45 max Ian was listening for the DET, made a couple of adjustment and was happy. so then we set up the B/C channel one for 1.2 ish and channel 2 for 1.4 ish. went for a run down the D/C and it was running perfect.

So to sum the day up i was completely f@cked from my night shift but the trip was well worth it, Ian is a top top bloke that is happy to explain anything to you no matter how simple or how technical and what seems to me to be a really brilliant mapper. BIG thanks Ian for sorting the car its running perfect and extremely quick (In fact i think it could be faster that a certain T67 i know of)

You've got and EMU and need it mapped?? He's ya man!!

Good stuff, I know how you feel. I did a twelve hour nightshift the drove from Manchester to Phoenix in Watford to pick the car up then up to Ian's in Norwich, spent all day there then drove all the way back to Manchester on 'A' roads getting back around 11pm. Really tiring but worth it.:)

Good stuff, I know how you feel. I did a twelve hour nightshift the drove from Manchester to Phoenix in Watford to pick the car up then up to Ian's in Norwich, spent all day there then drove all the way back to Manchester on 'A' roads getting back around 11pm. Really tiring but worth it.:)

bloody hell mate your a proper trooper!!! thats a fair ol distance!

Hello and thanks all for the kind words :hug: :)

As a moderator on here I cannot be seen to "tout my wares" as it were and so far I think I've stuck to that 100%, offering and discussing alternatives to E-Manages in tech discussions, being honest on the negatives as well as positives of both units and basing opinions on personal usage and experience rather than trying to blag cash. I've turned down a couple of affiliation offers with tuners already because I'd rather stay on here as a tech mod :)

Anything that comes my way is purely word-of-mouth recommendations. I offer the service because the E-Manage stuff is tricky to get right unless you put serious time into it and not many retail places can do that. So far I think everyone is more or less happy and with the slating I give duff traders I've got a VERY good incentive to keep that up :D

I can't really enter into a public debate about how much I charge because it may be considered touting and cause problems with being a mod on here, and especially also as it can vary depending on many factors - and I wouldn't want one person thinking they were ripped off if they found I did someone else's for less without knowing the reasons why, and I also don't fancy discussing those reasons publically because it's not my place to do so :)

PMs are fine though if anyone wants to initiate a discussion off the forum.

-Ian

aha teach me to finish reading a post,

just feel that there should be some idea on how much this costs or an hourly rate so people know what to expect. rather than being what looks like a system that works on how much you can get away with charging or mates rates.

i may be completely wrong though

just feel that there should be some idea on how much this costs or an hourly rate so people know what to expect. rather than being what looks like a system that works on how much you can get away with charging or mates rates.

If Ian was too discuss that, that could be seen as trading and he would have to give up a mod and become a trader. Ian's explained all of that and he'd rather be a mod :blink: :D

Well this is exactly one reason why I don't discuss it. Some of it is mates' rates. Eg I did JBs car for free as payback for what he's done for the community, doesn't mean I'll do everyone's for free :)

I don't care where someone gets their E-Manage mapped so if they have a problem with the way it happens with me then that is their prerogative. I'm not after hassle and I have a day job :) I'm very open minded about the whole thing, just ask Ben (SoonTo) :D

-Ian