The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much is a single turbo supra to buy?

Guest chief pilot

Guest chief pilot

Hello people!

I'm new here (other than lurking a bit) and I've currently got an MR2 turbo, which I am thinking of changing for my dream car - a single turbo supra.

Unfortunately I know nothing about them really nor do I know how much they should be worth, but I have been offered one with a single turbo by a friend of my uncles (who imports them occasionally) and this is his own car.

It seems to me like a mega spec list but the only thing that puts me off is the fact that its an automatic :(

He's offered it to me for £10,250 ovno but its a 1993 and the miles are quite high (105,000km ).

anyway should i try and get it much cheaper as it seems the manuals are the one that command These sorts of prices...

anyway here is the spec list!!!

1993 Supra RZ auto 105,000km

HKS T04Z top mounted big single turbo

After market full bodykit

rays wheels 18 inch alloys

hks coilover adjustable suspension

hks wastegate

hks 600cc injectors

high lift camshafts

racing crankshaft

strengthened heavy duty auto box

HKS Dump valve

HKS air filter

uprated exhaust manifold

full stainless exhaust

HKS F-Con V (whatever that is)

Mines ECU/computer

Blitz Dual solenoid boost controller

HKS turbo timer

hks boost guage

hks oil pressure gauge

momo steering wheel

I think thats about it, there are a few tiny scratches on the bodykit but not really noticeable... I've not got any pictures at the moment, but I have seen it and to me it looked the part.

Anyone tell me if an old auto but with these mods is worth this or whether it should be lot less?

I have looked in the for sale section but couldnt find any similar spec ones to compare to.

Many thanks!!

CP.

Sounds like a good price, for what looks like it could be a good spec.

There are a couple of suspicious/unlikely items, put there, perhaps, to impress. My advice would be to ignore them, and assume they're stock components until you can find out more.

Strengthened auto box and racing crankshaft, are two of those items, and the Mnes ECU and F-Con V are both different types of ECU.

Whilst it is possible to have both of those ECU's in the car, it will almost certainly be the F-con looking after the engine, and the Mines ECU, doing some of the dummy work which a stock ECU could do equally well...

Good luck!

Guest chief pilot

Hi again,

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Yes if it does have 2 ecu's does sound a bit odd,

Wondering what sort of power would it be ? I am thinking about 450ish?

I searched for the t04Z turbo and it said it was capable of up to 700bhp with serious tuning, but with 600cc injectors they sound a bit small - altho i suppose it is 6cylinders.

I will go and have another look at it because I only got a glimpse last time, and I will quizz him over the ecu thing.

So are autos really worth a decent amount if they are suped up with a single?

I have to say 6speed manuals do seem a bit thin on theground but people seem to rave over the autos just as much as the manuals which is a bit unusual as when i had my silvia 200sx everyone hated auto versions!

Also with supras do 1993 versions go for a lot less than say a 96 or 97, even if they have similar miles?

many thanks,

CP. :D