The mkiv Supra Owners Club

May sell up!

Millsy

Been thinking about the Supra and the fact I'm not using it all the time now. Don't really have the spare cash to do much to her despite wanting to and need cash to finish my house so I can maybe sell up.

But, the paintwork isn't great and it's pretty far from mint (i.e one new headlight and one old one). MOT due in a couple of weeks too and road tax at end of the month. It drives really well and I love it to pieces but wondering should I just try and sell it on for cheap or should I try to find some money to get her nice, MOT'd and taxed for a year then sell her. The danger could be I'd get it really nice then want to keep it.

What would you guys do?

Bearing in mind I'd aim to get another Supra when in a better place financially.

Personally...

If it isn't in great shape it won't fetch much cash, certainly not enough to replace the enjoyment you get from it. The NA I was given was in a terrible shape, but I'm slowly putting it right.

Why not just put it away for a few months, and that way not spend cash on it, till you are ready.

Personally...

If it isn't in great shape it won't fetch much cash, certainly not enough to replace the enjoyment you get from it. The NA I was given was in a terrible shape, but I'm slowly putting it right.

Why not just put it away for a few months, and that way not spend cash on it, till you are ready.

good advise, if you still love the car and cash is short the like Gaz says store it.

I always garage mine over the winter save some cash up (pay of whant i spent over the summer) and do the odd mod or too

Well I bought another cheaper car to use so have put it away a bit already - but keep taking it out (still insured obviously). Thinking if I got 5k for it then I could sort out house and stuff then start over somehow. I get what you're saying though, it makes some sense - not sure if I'd ever spend the money on it that I'd really want to though - full respray, different wheels, suspension, brakes and a few engine tweaks, maybe something inside. Maybe I should get rid of the temptation!

Common sense says sell it, you will buy a better one cheaper in the future. Heart says no way. I still regret selling my supra's to this day but life has to go on and if your quality of life is adversely affected by owning it and you are getting next to no satisfaction from it then it just has to go.

A car with an MOT is always always going to be more saleable than one without as well.

Common sense says sell it, you will buy a better one cheaper in the future. Heart says no way. I still regret selling my supra's to this day but life has to go on and if your quality of life is adversely affected by owning it and you are getting next to no satisfaction from it then it just has to go.

A car with an MOT is always always going to be more saleable than one without as well.

breaks my heart I bought your Aristo :eyebrows::blink:

Difficult decision that only you can decide!

I very nearly put mine up for sale as I don't drive it much now. But when I do drive it, I realise that it would be sorely missed.

I ugpraded my supra to BPU in the first couple of years of ownership. In the last 2-3 years, I've not done many upgrades - I've just driven it and enjoyed it for what it is.