The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nic Read your pm's please Urgent!!

dr_blackman

No photo's but did show me the problem, its been frabricated wrong, basically it wants to be where the steering arm (whatever you call it is lol, you cant have both.... There's no way it will fit! He even undone all the arm etc and had a good play. Its a guy who deals with performance cars and has done for years and serviced all my cars to date. Also when reading through old posts, the 1st problem when frabicating them was to get round this steering problem... somehow i think they kept the wrong building plans for them! :(

I'll wait to see what Nic says.... Its not his personel fault as he don't make them, he just gets them made for us mad supra owners.... I'm sure it will all work out, but after 4 months and now this my patients has become an issue to the effect - is it worth it now lol :) Will chat to nic like i said....

If you look at the pic that nic posted here, if it was fitted on my engine, where the 02 sensors are on the side, mine are on the top making that section so much wider hence why fowling the steering rack!

i don't quite understand this, his picture the sensors are on the top..........

does it not clear the rack or the column?

Basically mate, when bolted on i can have a choice of the steering arm rod what ever you want to call it or the manifold which is still tight.... Its like the fat section is in the wrong place.

Basically if you look where the sensors are on that pic, if i had mine on mine would be facing upwards not pointing towards the camera....

At the end of the day it dont fit... so its a waste of £320 how ever much of metal to me! lol. And not to mention a waste of £77 quid to find out.... Complete nightmare... i've been up since 2.30am and i'm up at that time again, been hoping Nic may pop on so at least i know what he wants to do about it lol.... As i may miss him again tomorrow due to work and his time difference! lol

i hear you, just trying to see if tweaking it over here was possibly the easiest option what with the shipping costs and time invoved etc.

Thats what i through but if its a major clearance issue then i dont think it will be very cheap to do. fact is though if you buy something that is said will fit, you expect it to fit and not have to pay someone else to make it fit.

I know scooter, i said to them can you make fit, he said no chance at the garage. He said someone proffessional could alter it but as Kieren put it mate, i paid for it too fit and be perfecto! lol. Shipping costs etc, i've paid all that, its Nic's / his manufacturer which will have to cover costs now :(

I paid me money in april remember so i've been patient waiting this long, when i was under the impression of it being 4-5 weeks to be done and delivered not 4 months lol.

As long as I have known Nic I have not heard of him knowingly making a mistake. I am sure he will get this sorted.

:yeahthat:

I have known about 2 -3 years and in that time have not ever heard a bad word against the critter. Apart from when he is mean to me of course :(

In total i must have spent in excess of £2000 with him (others have spent more btw) and he has never ever let me down.

Clearly nobody is saying he would or has, i am only trying to reassure any new members who may worry....

Hi Dave

I can only apologies from the problems you've had and will do what I can to put things right. I'll pm you to discuss a solution with you.

There's a Typhoon hitting HK at the moment, so all businesses are closed today, so I have not been able to contact the manufacturer and probably won't be able to now until Monday.

I have an idea what has happened, it would appear that they have not made the design modification that I'd requested. As you can see on the pic from the first production run the design modifications allow good clearance for the steering column.

I've fitted and adjusted a few of these when doing the first sample to get them right, so I know where the issue will be. There is a simple, if somewhat not ideal solution which I have already done on one of the sample here. This is to heat the area, then using a hammer flatten the corner to allow adequate clearance. I'll get photos hopefully on Monday to show what I mean, the clearance needed was around 8-10mm from memory.

Anyway I'll pm you now to go through the options.

cheers

Thanks for getting in Contact Nic, you have a pm back :)

Yes for any newbies Nic is a sound trader always answered your questions etc and this manufactuer problem offically isn't Nic!! He's just the middle man to his perval lol ;)

But i'll be buying from him again personally. Its just a real shame that there's been a mix up on creating these blingy manifolds. It looks a stunning piece of metal, its a real shame :(

Dave.