The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Value of my 1998 RZ-S VVTi???????

supra-mike1984

Hi Everyone,

I am 'umming and arrhhing' about selling my Supra RZ-S VVTi. However, I am unsure how much to advertise the car for.

The car is 1998 on an 'R' Reg, imported in 1998, it is Gunmetal Grey, 4-speed Tiptronic, and has covered 98000 miles. It is completely stock apart from a set of 18" SSW Mesh alloys with Stainless Lips. The car is in great condition, and I am currently in the process of fitting a new SMIC, as the old one is pretty corroded and probably on its way out.

How much should I advertise the car for if I decide to sell it???

PS. I had trouble finding how to put pictures of my car on this thread, but some are available in 'my garage'.

Can you not just get ideas off sites like Pistonheads etc or just do a search on here?

You are not exactly helpful, it is second time I see you telling people to do search - his car is not really common, that's why it is hard to value it. Check your thread about fuse box, noone actually told you to do search on forum right?

Check out Autotrader.. and look at other examples on here. TBH I would pay more for a stock condition car but thats me. (I'd say 8-10k?)

I wouldnt expect to get more money for mods, I wouldnt pay more money for BPU.. if anything its had more stress on the engine than a stock one for example. Unless its a proven well or single/ big twin car thats had some very expensive kit put on.

Depends what you want I spose.. and if you're looking forward to spending many hours in the garage ;)

Hey thanks for the responses! Im not too sure where the car got imported from, but since its been here, it has got a service book stamped up to say it has been serviced every 4k, the 1st stamped service shows it as at 21000 miles. As far as i can see it stayed with that owner until I bought it with 93800 miles, and was neva tampered with and remained stock during the time he had it. I estimated roughly 9-10k for the car, its nice to see i wasnt too far off :)

I thought about putting it up for £9750?? :cool:

well ive just sold my 96 facelift TT auto, which had leather, nice set of wheels, bpu mods, and was in great condition with about 70k miles for £9800. It took a while and i turned down some silly offers but it was worth it in the end to find the right buyer who appreciated what a great car he was getting.

Just to give you an idea...

Does that mean their value may increase more here then? N as such shud I hold onto it a bit longer???? :search:

If, as Pete suggests, the 10 year rule comes into play then more VVTI cars will come to the UK. I think there will be a big initial demand meaning higher prices for a while, but they will come down as the initial rush is over. It also will mean the prices of older Supras will drop, as I think most supra buyers new to the market will prefer a vvti.