The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Speed Converter MPH 2 KMH

energy

Hello drivers,.. i need help,.. today i installed my TRD 320 speedo,.. it was very easy but i have no a probel,.. my sppedo is still running in MPH but in germany i need KMH,.. at the bills of the previous owner i saw that a DSC+TSD (combined) is installed....

because i have a j-spec i need the TopSpeedDelimiter but i dont need the DigitalSpeedConverter i thnik because i need it in KmH

anybody has an idea how to fix that,..thank you

cheers

Just a quick question. If I want to convert speedo from km/h to mph but I would like to leave odo in km, I will need DSC only? IF I understand this correctly, DSC is actually altering speed signal and kinda "delimiting" car at least till 180 mph. Is this right?

Just a quick question. If I want to convert speedo from km/h to mph but I would like to leave odo in km, I will need DSC only? IF I understand this correctly, DSC is actually altering speed signal and kinda "delimiting" car at least till 180 mph. Is this right?

Thats what i want too.

Help!

You'll want a DSC which also has a 1:1 output as well as the usual 5:8 output.

The Thor Racing DSC has this, as seen in the above attachment.

Er actually you will need the speedo to remain reading in MPH I would have thought. If you take out the convertor then at an actual speed of 180 KmPH your needle will be all the way round on the bottom right of the dial. When for instance you get to say an actual speed of 260 odd KmPH the needle will be stuck all the way round back on the 0 stop (this is bad for your speedo, mine sticks at 0 now and needs tapping all the time to get it to work for this very reason). I'm guessing you don't want that to happen. Its just a rough guess but I would say that 80 Kmph is in exactly the same position as 50 mph is on your old dial. If you've got it use a gps device to track your real speed and calibrate the thor unit for fine tuning.