The mkiv Supra Owners Club

finally got me a supra!!!!

ballsdeep

hey guys n gals,

bought my supra last saturday, and had the pleasure of driving it back 260miles!! :eyebrows: I was deaf after 10miles.... sounds awesome!!!!

im not too keen on the body kit so thats coming off!!! (pm me if your intrested in the front bumper or spoiler)

iv gotta say i feel a flash c**t especially now iv had a new alarm fitted with remote engine start, worth every penny - £300 plus fitting, falcon predator evo4+ includes a pager... spins heads every time!!! :cool: still alot of things on my list to get - uk spec head lights, new dials, clear indicators, new front bumper, new spoiler and speed delimiter/converter are on there way!! and the list goes on (got to admit i am missing a turbo) iv gone from a audi a3 1.8T Quattro to 3.0 n/a not much power difference but still nothing has put a smile on my face more than my new beast!!!!

but there is one problem im having which is the creaks coming from the rear, mainly does it when im trying to get over speed humps or setting off? also it sounds abit like im flicking loads of mud up or things are falling off (doesnt sound too good!!!!!) this is the oldest car i have owned and im not an expert so if anyones had a similar problem drop me a pm...

anyway glad to be part of the supra gang!! watch out for my vids!!!!!!

hey guys n gals,

bought my supra last saturday, and had the pleasure of driving it back 260miles!! :eyebrows: I was deaf after 10miles.... sounds awesome!!!!

im not too keen on the body kit so thats coming off!!! (pm me if your intrested in the front bumper or spoiler)

iv gotta say i feel a flash c**t especially now iv had a new alarm fitted with remote engine start, worth every penny - £300 plus fitting, falcon predator evo4+ includes a pager... spins heads every time!!! :cool: still alot of things on my list to get - uk spec head lights, new dials, clear indicators, new front bumper, new spoiler and speed delimiter/converter are on there way!! and the list goes on (got to admit i am missing a turbo) iv gone from a audi a3 1.8T Quattro to 3.0 n/a not much power difference but still nothing has put a smile on my face more than my new beast!!!!

but there is one problem im having which is the creaks coming from the rear, mainly does it when im trying to get over speed humps or setting off? also it sounds abit like im flicking loads of mud up or things are falling off (doesnt sound too good!!!!!) this is the oldest car i have owned and im not an expert so if anyones had a similar problem drop me a pm...

:welcome:

replacing the bootlid rubbers usually solve any rattles etc from the rear traders on here sell them ;)

:hello::welcome:

Glad your enjoying your supra already ;) It wouldnt hurt putting it on a ramp and checking for play in the suspension joints/wheel bearings. Sounds daft but check there's nothing loose in the boot - mine came with a mini tool kit as well as the usual wheel changing gear, could be somethings come loose and rattling around! :rolleyes:

There's a monthly meet at Mascrat just off J21 of the M6 you'd be welcome to go to :D Just check out North West meets, see ya soon! :p

Linda

x

:) im a newbie also, and i also bought my car on saturday, travelled back nearly 400 miles, i say travelled rather than drove as the better half drove over half way:eyebrows: mine makes an odd sound from the back especially going over speed bumps, if you fix it please let me know

Welcome mate :D I've had my supra over a year and still love it (although it does need to be faster:p)

iv gone from a audi a3 1.8T Quattro to 3.0 n/a not much power difference but still nothing has put a smile on my face more than my new beast!!!!

Is there really not much power difference? :search:

Ah, Mr Deep, good to see you on here at last ;)

As others have mentioned I'd get your rear boot rubbers replaced. They're only a few quid from Toyota.

It probably doesn't help that you have a monstrosity of a Veilside spoiler on the back of the car. Get that removed and replaced with something tasteful (Stock/TRD) asap and it alone might solve you problem.

:welcome:

replacing the bootlid rubbers usually solve any rattles etc from the rear traders on here sell them ;)

cheers pal will keep a look out for those, unlucky for me its developed a new creak...:rolleyes: on the front driverside wheel!! if i jump on the sill its more noticable, just lets hope its a cheap fix???

Ah, Mr Deep, good to see you on here at last ;)

As others have mentioned I'd get your rear boot rubbers replaced. They're only a few quid from Toyota.

It probably doesn't help that you have a monstrosity of a Veilside spoiler on the back of the car. Get that removed and replaced with something tasteful (Stock/TRD) asap and it alone might solve you problem.

you'v got taste!! dont worry stock spoiler on its way, think i might give that silly ironing board to the missis...:D

Hellooooo and welcome, i am also a newbie, you will be made very welcome here as i have. What kit is it that you have on the car at the mo? At a guess from your avator i would sy Veilside but could be wrong. Oh, and yes definately get new lights, i just did, tehe.

correct, it is a tacky veilside bodykit which is coming straight off!!!!! (might keep the sideskirts not decided yet) stock spoiler on its way :cool:

thanks Supra-Woman