The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TT engine in an N/A

Smellywelshman

Hallo everybody...

Right, after much soul searching and weighing up of um numbers I've decided that it's a TT engine/autobox/LSD implant in to my N/A from Jezzybabes thats the one for me... Means that I'll be keeping the car for the forseeable future (as in, can see me never selling her);) so not too bothered about effect on future worth.

Thinking of doing it within the next month to 6 weeks (ish). Any pearls of wisdom for me guys and gals? (I'm already expecting the 'don't do it' replies but my minds 95% made up!!)

First thing after it will be upgrading the brakes, what would my options be for this (other than UK spec all round)?

Oh, and how will the N/A exhaust cope or more to the fact what effect do you rekon it would have on the performance of the TT engine?

Cheers people.... :D

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and how will the N/A exhaust cope or more to the fact what effect do you rekon it would have on the performance of the TT engine?

i would get Jezz to put you on a stock TT exhaust i'm sure he'll have one around and they are pretty much worthless secondhand.

Cheers gentlemen,

I'll do that Scoot I was thinking of asking him to do something along those lines.

The drive back should be......... interesting to say the least!!! Ahem!

I've got a mate with a FTO GXR GRX XFS MND or whatever the V6 jobber is. And I'm not going to tell him that I've had it done. Just suggest that we go out for a friendly spin! BURN!!! :flame:

I've not spoken my insurance about it yet. But it's coming up for renewal in a week or so, and greenlight have offered me a good premium for the N/A so... hopefully I'll be able to negotiate a fair price for my idea.

Cant be much more than for a TT really (quoted 690 by Sky would probably be a lot less from the greenymeanies), then again Insurance is an esoteric law, and one that is understood by very few. Those who dont understand it seem to just add £100 per 50BHP!

All I say is Foook it, live the dream. I've been to a couple of funerals of late. A husband and wife, who I knew quite well. They were both retired for less than a year before cancer riddled them and killed them. Proper shit.:(

They never treated themselves to anything! Lifes too short too worry bout material stuff. Specially when that material is something that puts a HUGE grin on your face!!!:D

I've not spoken my insurance about it yet. But it's coming up for renewal in a week or so, and greenlight have offered me a good premium for the N/A so... hopefully I'll be able to negotiate a fair price for my idea.

Cant be much more than for a TT really (quoted 690 by Sky would probably be a lot less from the greenymeanies), then again Insurance is an esoteric law, and one that is understood by very few. Those who dont understand it seem to just add £100 per 50BHP!

All I say is Foook it, live the dream. I've been to a couple of funerals of late. A husband and wife, who I knew quite well. They were both retired for less than a year before cancer riddled them and killed them. Proper shit.:(

They never treated themselves to anything! Lifes too short too worry bout material stuff. Specially when that material is something that puts a HUGE grin on your face!!!:D

i like that kinda atitude;) just take it easy till you get used to her mate;)

i like that kinda atitude;) just take it easy till you get used to her mate;)

Oh aye, I will do mate. A recent 'why am I going sideways down the road????? OOOOOOOOHHHFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.......' incident has reaffirmed my respect for the rear wheel drive non-traction-control sweetheart that I own. And thats N/A!! I'll take it easy till I've got the hang of her!;)

Should be around the time I reach Jezzybabes gate, What you rekon!!!!??!!!!:eyebrows: