The mkiv Supra Owners Club

To less power BPU !!??

energy

Hello Drivers ;)

Some months ago i bought a supra 93 J-Spec TT AT...

i have the following mods,...

Apexi air

SLD and FCD THOR Racing

Blitz Nur Spec

no cats

Chris Wilson restrictor

iridium plugs

and a electronic boost controller HKS EVC 3...

i only have 335 HP isnt it to less power for these mods ?!

or is there something wrong,..

here you have a dynorun,... and why is the such a big leak at the torque graph ?!?!

thx and have a nice day

The figure of 335 you quote, where is that measured? Bear in mind the stock engine only had 320bhp at the fly (and that would have been calculated on an engine dyno).. All other dyno's make assumptions at the flywheel power based on some maths.

Also at what boost did you get 335bhp?

The figure of 335 you quote, where is that measured? Bear in mind the stock engine only had 320bhp at the fly (and that would have been calculated on an engine dyno).. All other dyno's make assumptions at the flywheel power based on some maths.

Also at what boost did you get 335bhp?

I had 316.4 at the wheels bone stock apart from mines ECU I didn't know I had :D Oh and shameless plug its forsale :D

The graph shows a TCF (transmission correction factor I presume) of 1, meaning this is wheel/hub horsepower as the figures have not been corrected for estimated transmission losses.

I'd be pretty pleased with that then. In stock form the car puts out ~300bhp at the crank, which would be 260bhp at the wheels if one decided that the autobox affords a 15% power loss to the wheels/hubs.

So going by that same 15% guess, your 335hp at the wheels/hubs would become 385hp at the engine, so you are 85hp above stock.

Some people say more than 15% for transmission loss on an auto, I'm just being conservative.

so i have 385 HP or did i understand wrong ?!

My problem is also with the boost controller,.. it doesn't matter how much bar i config,.. my supra drives always the same....

i noticed when i accularate that the boost only go a lil bit over 1 bar and then sink down again to .8-0.9

and today at a testdrive i noticed that my machnine stopped me at 120 Mph,...

is something wring with my car ?!?

I would like to feel my machine at 1.2 bar to see if i see any difference in power !!???

PS: how othe users have over 400 HP with j-spec bpu,.. how can i get it,..thank you

there is one fitted on the ecu,.. it has 4 cables and on it is written TRL !! i dont know if it is corretly installed but there is one avaialbe,...

i want to drive 1.2bar,.. but it doesnt goes and i dont know why,..

how much would i have HP with 1.2 when i have with 1.0 335 ?!

PS: have i know 335 at the wheels or at the machine ?!

Mine hits the fuel cut at the moment and mine is quite gental it just drops the boost slightly and the exhaust pops and bangs as if on the limiter.

When any of my Toyota's have hit fuel cut it's been a violent experience... akin to actually hitting a badger or similar.

Maybe it differs between cars.

there is one fitted on the ecu,.. it has 4 cables and on it is written TRL !! i dont know if it is corretly installed but there is one avaialbe,...

it seems you should have around 335 at the wheels, so around 385 at the engine according to figures quoted in this thread.

@Gaz6002

Do you know perhaps what the reason when i accularate to 120mph and my machine "brakes" like an enigne brake?!

Sounds very much like fuel cut although could be the 112mph speed limit too. Have you an FCD and SLD fitted correctly? Maybe it would be worth refitting yourself to make sure all is OK.

i have a SLD fitted i also have driven 170mph,.. this happended today the first time !!

perhaps the fcd isnt installed correctly i will check it tomorrow!!!

another question to the BC,.. at the back i have a switsch SW or PO where it must be switched i have it on internal wastegate ,..

Wouldnt power loss be a set figure and not a % ie the same amout of power will be lossed through the gear box whether its 100hp or 1000hp

This has crossed my mind in the past also, but it's not how the dynos do it. They have a TCF multiplication. The simple fact is that it gets ridiculous when you've got 1000bhp, as they're saying then that at 15% the box is 'losing' 150bhp :eek:

If you said that the transmission loss was static, i.e. 40bhp from his original reading, then it'd mean he's got approx 375hp at the engine, so 75hp above stock.

It's all daft anyway. The only use of a dyno realistically is as a benchmark for modifications, so you can see if a given mod gains power over your previous dyno result on the same dyno

Here's an idea:

Why don't you do some acceleration tests, or quarter mile runs on a local strip.

The trap times will give you a much better indication of horsepower, compared to applying correction factors until the figures look 'right'

I once heard that a reasonable rule-of-thumb is that for each 1psi increase you can expect an additional 10hp engine power.

At the part that was tested - e.g. wheels or hubs. I think the Thor dyno is a hub dyno - they take the wheels off and mount the dyno directly to the hub.