The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Torque curve graphs for TT BPU and small single

AJI

I've tried searching for this but failed.

Does anybody have a picture of a torque curve from a BPU Supra Twin Turbo and also a small single turbo Supra ???

I am interested in the comparative torque delivery between the fastest spooling single turbo and the slightly tuned stock twins.

Cheers.

thanks guys.

So from what I can make out.... to produce the torque generally seen by a TT at 2500-3000rpm you have to be up at 4500-5000rpm on a small single.

(Although the small single then shoots up to a higher level than the max point on a TT system)

The only thing putting me off going for a small single at the moment is the rate of torque increase throughout the rev range, especially when it is so high up the rev range also.

I'm just getting the feeling that this would cause problems mid-corner on a track situation.

If however the major increase in torque took place much lower down the rev range I may well be tempted to go small single. (Say for example at 3000-3500rpm).

Well that's quite a convincing graph never to go TTC.

In defence of TTC (well i have to really;))

220 to 385 ftlbs in 1500 RPM on grahams isn't bad, mine on std tubbys is worse:(

However despite what it looks like on a RR graph (and remember the odd loadings they generate;))

on the road you would be surprised;)

I've tried searching for this but failed.

Does anybody have a picture of a torque curve from a BPU Supra Twin Turbo and also a small single turbo Supra ???

I am interested in the comparative torque delivery between the fastest spooling single turbo and the slightly tuned stock twins.

Here you go. This is Terry Saunders GT35 versus my BPU TT running 1.2bar. Both are 6spds run on the same rolling road.

As you can see the torque delivery low down and in the mid range is considerable. Terry's has twice the torque at 4k rpm.

T61 vs BPU.jpg

Here you go. This is Terry Saunders GT35 versus my BPU TT running 1.2bar. Both are 6spds run on the same rolling road.

As you can see the torque delivery low down and in the mid range is considerable. Terry's has twice the torque at 4k rpm.

bloody hell... I think I need a GT35 conversion.... :drool:

Still bugger all below 4,000 RPM:p

eh? Maybe I'm reading things wrong, but from looking at the graph Homer put up the GT35 has more torque that the stock sequential system fom 3000 on and between 3 and 4000 I think this would be considerably more than running in TTC - or am I missing something?