The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Some advice please

ADD

On my blitz SBC B/C i'm using 2 channels

channel 1 is set 60 gain 40 which i hit 1.28 bar

channel 2 is set 68 gain 40 which i hit 1.4 bar (running hybrids)

But im only getting 0.7 max out of the 1st turbo and the 2nd is coming on pretty late (4500rpm) although very strong, to anybodies knowledge could i improve my set and gain settings?

cheers all

ad

Isn't that about normal for Hybrids?

Were they UK or J-spec turbos before being converted to hybrids?

the 2nd turbo boosting @ 1.4 yeah but id of thought the 1st would come on stronger. i dont know what they were converted from jake...

I meant the later spooling rather than the boost level really Add. I believe the heavier turbine wheels of hybrids take longer to get going.

sorry Jake after 21,000 posts no tryin to teach u to suck eggs....i didnt realise they spooled up later. cheers for that.

• 3 weeks later...

Check this out for various settings.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=4547&highlight=Blitz+SBC+settings

I had Hybrids and the SBC-II BC and my first tubbie bosted to 0.78 and the second once past 4,000rpm up to 1.25. I think that's about right.

IIRC, my settings were as follows:

Channel 1. Set 10 Gain 10 Boost 1.05 bar

Channel 2. Set 15 Gain 10 Boost 1.1 bar

Channel 3. Set 20 Gain 25 Boost 1.2 bar

Channel 4. Set 35 Gain 25 Boost 1.25-3 bar

I think you need to ease down your settings and stick to 1.2-1.4 bar mate. I'm sure your first tubbie is fine if it's seeing 0.76-0.8bar.

I had Hybrids and the SBC-II BC and my first tubbie bosted to 0.78 and the second once past 4,000rpm up to 1.25. I think that's about right.

I think you need to ease down your settings and stick to 1.2-1.4 bar mate. I'm sure your first tubbie is fine if it's seeing 0.76-0.8bar.

Great stuff buddy thanks i'll try them out.... i didnt wanna hit such hight boost it just happened, i only wanna push them to 1.4 max

No probs. I peaked 1.35 on channel 4 once, but generally always stick to 1.25 even if I do have hybrids (rather did have hybrids :() Fiddle with the settings bit by bit as needed, i.e. 0.1 increments to get a happy medium. A blast down the M40 after each adjustment always helps :)

Guest Chumpalot

The M40 is slightly too far for me :p

I have Hybrids also but have the max set to 1.2. Most I've seen is 1.16 but I was concentrating more on the road after that.

hi mate ive just put these settings in to the b/c and when your getting 1 bar im hitting 1.5 :( not a good thing, so im kinda giving up on this thing now!