The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spigot rings

Supragal

As you know I was having this problem too. Tried everything and spent a fortune having allignments dones, discs changed and spigot rings. It was in and out various garages for weeks and in the end it was the wheel balance. The guy that fixed it says they had to be done using a dynamic balance not a static balance that everyone else was using. In the end it should have cost me a tenner to put right. I was raging!!

SSR Decoltes. Nic, can you supply these?

I *think* they will be 74mm outer diameter, but your wheels are no longer sold so I'm not able to confirm. I think you'll need to remove and measure one to make sure.

If they are 74mm I don't have this size in stock, sorry.

wallace where did u take the car to get this done in the end?? i was thinking of taking mine to wheels in motion in thurrock to get the car running like a dream as i have 19'' alloys and its never been done.

Ben

It was a small garage in Montrose. Very good and good prices. All the locals up here seem to use him and they deal with quite a few jap cars which is good. I'm now taking my car there for servicing as well. It might be a bit too far for you to travel though.

Because it's a big operation to take the wheels off her car due to it being so wide and low :)

Rosie, phone Ibrar - he's great over the phone and sorted me with spigot rings in 24 hours flat.

-Ian

Ok I'll ring him.

That's only part of the story.

1) Car is kept 20 mins drive from my house

2) Foot and Mouth = I have to disinfect myself and my car to even get to the unit where my car is stored.

3) like Ian said above, but it's a proper joke involving getting the car onto the exact right spot on an incline, then onto blocks of wood, then you're in a position to start jacking up and removing wheels.

You need a ring that's a light interference fit over the noses on the hubs, and a couple of thou clearance fit in the rims. I can't recall the diameter of the hub noses, you need to measure the rim holes with internal calipers at least. I told you the wheels would be the problem.... ;)

I never doubted you ;)