The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I used Zaino for the first time yesterday

DaveK

When it arrived in the post I wasn't actually impressed. It was about £20 for the wax, but they also recommend you use the "accelerator" with it for the first time, which was also £20. And when it turned up, I didn't think there was much there - 236ml, which is about the size of a bottle of hair shampoo - not very big at all for £40!

You have to mix the stuff together yourself - bit like when you buy epoxy glue.

However - I am very impressed with the results. I didn't use all that much - even though I put 3 coats on the car, and even then I definitely put far too much on for the first coat (took quite a long time to get rid of the smears). I used much less the 2nd and 3rd time.

It looked good after I'd done it, but just seemed to get shinier as the day went on. I waxed it yesterday morning, and the pics below are after I drove 150 mile round trip to Brighton today.

When it arrived I thought : this is the last time I ever buy this stuff. Assuming it lasts a decent amount of time on the car, then I don't think I'll ever use anything else now!

Zaino_1_small.JPG

Zaino_2_small.JPG

Bugger to get hold of thou :(

Zaino isn't easy - there is no official UK distributor. One of the guys on the Porsche forum sells it. I plan to use my mate's address in the USA once he's sorted his apartment and pay US prices (half as much). I assume P21S is much the same problem.