The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Racing Fuel

Jarek

Where i can buy ,Racing Fuel.and howe muche it costs??.Thanx:)

Just keep with V-Power fuel and maybe invest in meth/water instalation.

There is nothing like to get to Shell gas station in Poland and put V-Power 100 octane Racing fuel into car :D I was suprised, that V-Power Racing is not introduced here

There's a trader at Santa Pod that sell it.

I'm expected to head up there tomorrow for USC. I was going to start a new thread for this, but may as well ask here... I'm going to try and get a few runs in on the track. Do you think it's worthwhile adding say 10 litres of this to my tank (problem will have 20 litres of Vpower already in it), just to give help starve off det a little in the hot weather?

Presumably you 116 with normal petrol...

Just keep with V-Power fuel and maybe invest in meth/water instalation.

There is nothing like to get to Shell gas station in Poland and put V-Power 100 octane Racing fuel into car :D I was suprised, that V-Power Racing is not introduced here

He want to buy this beast: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=119669 so probably he will need 116 octane fuel to get 1000bhp.

I found only 109 octane petrol, it costs £90.48 for 25 litre or £668.58 for 200 litre :rolleyes:

I'm expected to head up there tomorrow for USC. I was going to start a new thread for this, but may as well ask here... I'm going to try and get a few runs in on the track. Do you think it's worthwhile adding say 10 litres of this to my tank (problem will have 20 litres of Vpower already in it), just to give help starve off det a little in the hot weather?

I had around 10 litres of optimax left and just topped it up.... be worthwhile doing some datalogging if your doing some drag/track runs.. maybe u could lean out a little? as i noticed race fuel did lower my egt's

Out of interest what are your egt's like at 1.4 bar? Your not using W/I are you????

Out of interest what are your egt's like at 1.4 bar? Your not using W/I are you????

No egt gauge fitted (yet!). No WI either. The PowerFC has a great det detection and warning system, but it flashed up a warning today on a hard 6th gear pull. This is why I'm seeing if a good amount of race fuel will help with the risk of det tomorrow.

No egt gauge fitted (yet!). No WI either. The PowerFC has a great det detection and warning system, but it flashed up a warning today on a hard 6th gear pull. This is why I'm seeing if a good amount of race fuel will help with the risk of det tomorrow.

I guess the det was down to high intake temps (hot weather) theres no doubt race fuel will help your det problem.. def worth it just to be on the safe side...

Are u going to bother with W/I? in this weather i'd say its a deffo must.. mine dosent go over 850 to 870 deg now even towards the end of sixth in this weather....

Worth thinking of if your getting knocksum counts.:sly:

would adding Toluene be a much cheaper option ?

Most of the octane boosters I believe are mostly toluene based.

Toluene is much cheaper than race fuel. ;)

There are a few articles on the internet that describe the percentage to add with normal fuel.

IIRC, Gaz @ Envy can get some racing go-go juice. ;)

Thanks Joe.

Yep I can get Klotz & VP ranges of race fuels. Its insanely expensive to deliver but I normally bring along to meets and races FOC (the delivery, not the fuel ;) )

C16 (leaded - 117 octane) is £94 or Motorsport 109 (unleaded -109) is £78.30 (20L tins)

Gaz.

Lead protects the valve seats and lubes the guides very well, TEL also boost the octane. When you have built the sort of engine that NEEDS 105 octane plus you don't worry about the short life of an O2 sensor, should you be using one :)

:)

Although we have broken every rule AEM said on the usage of the 02 sensors (closer than 36" to the turbo, don't use leaded fuels etc) we've only changed ours once in 4 years. Even then they are only around £50 to replace.

Gaz.